Project Eternity now Pillars of Eternity, gets first gameplay trailer

Tuesday, 10th December 2013 22:00 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Project Eternity has been dubbed Pillars of Eternity by developer Obsidian Entertainment, which also offers a first gameplay trailer for the crowdfunded classic RPG.

The new title is displayed resplendently on the Eternity website. Unfortunately, the title announcement wasn’t accompanied by a release date; we’re still stuck with a vague 2014 for the Linux, Mac and PC title.

Project Eternity, a classic, old-school style RPG, was one of the first major Kickstarters to spring up in the wake of Double Fine’s Adventure, which became Broken Age. None of the “big” Kickstarters have made it to release yet, so this stirring from Obsidian is a comforting sign.

Check out the trailer below. Although we’ve seen gameplay footage through backer materials released during Project Eternity’s development period, this is the first bit of marketing to show the game off “to the public”, as it were.

Thanks, AllGamesBeta.

1. The_Red

Finally some proper trailer and a full name. Loving this.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Night Hunter

170 bucks well spent :)

#2 10 months ago
  3. revolting

“None of the “big” Kickstarters have made it to release yet”

Shadowrun Returns wasn’t a big one? I would have counted that amongst the big hitters, myself.

Looking forward to PE, though, or PoE as I guess it is now. :)

#3 10 months ago
  4. Darkfield

I’m ready for this, My body is ready, my mind is ready, my PC is ready, my wallet is ready, so, let us talk of early access. I want this in my library.

#4 10 months ago
  5. FabioPal

@4 I think you can still pledge through PayPal and get an alpha or beta access. Check their website.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Darkfield

You know where I’m living due to trade sanctions we are unable to access services like PayPal and stuff, my only option at the moment is to wait for a steam early access and ask some relatives abroad to purchase them as gifts and I put the cash in their’s or their families bank account. Well and people wonder why I hate Middle East. :<

#6 10 months ago