Saints Row 4 gets Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin’ DLC pack

Wednesday, 4th December 2013 02:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Saints Row 4′s latest DLC pack includes the three stars of web show Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin’?

For $3, you can have Anthony, Ashly and Papa Burch as homies.

According to a post from Anthony Burch, Gearbox staff writer and former games journo, the DLC came about after the Volition team met the brother and sister pair at PAX 2013

“We were talking about stuff we could do, and somebody suggested a Hey Ash pack and our producer turned around in his chair, deleted what we’d previously slated for December, and just said, ‘I typed it in the spreadsheet. We’re doing that now,’” one Volition staffer told Burch.

“I have literally no idea why they would think this was a good idea, but we decided not to stop them,” Burch added.

The pack’s available on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Check out the teaser trailer below.

1. TheWulf

And this is why I love Volition. There’s nothing they’ve put above the rule of fun and the rule of cool.

I’m sure there are some fans out there who’ll find this pretty fun/cool, and thus it’s in there. Because why not?

#1 11 months ago
  2. DSB

I love Hey Ash, but it’s kinda hard to ignore how crappy those models are.

Anthony Burch is the epitome of the wiry hipster, that’s part of his whole persona on the show. Instead he looks like something that godawful character creator spat out. Metrosexual beefcake all the way.

I should really be the target audience for this, but I just don’t recognize them.

#2 11 months ago
  3. salarta

@1: That seems like one of the marks of a truly good company or product, when the team gets to play around a bit and does things because it’s fun and enjoyable without concern for if it would be considered stupid or pointless.

#3 11 months ago
  4. absolutezero

I must have missed Ash growing three feet and getting massive boobs.

#4 11 months ago
  5. salarta

@4: Imaginary video game cameras are known for adding ten pounds of boob weight.

I’m betting she’s not actually taller for her in-game model, that’s just a matter of how they positioned the models. In the game, I bet she’s whatever height she’s supposed to be.

#5 11 months ago