Tales series gets teaser site for next mothership title

Wednesday, 27th November 2013 04:31 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The next core Tales game has spawned a teaser site ahead of its reveal.

Very little is known about the new game, but recent trademarks suggest it may be called Tales of Zestiria.

The website doesn’t have any information, but includes assets from 1990′s entries Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny. Updates are expected daily until the undated announcement.

Comments from the franchise’s producer Hideo Baba suggests the next Tales game will be on PlayStation 3 or PS4, but not Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Francis O

The best selling Tales game was on the Nintendo Gamecube. I don’t see why Namco won’t put the game on the Wii U as well. Especially with the success of games like Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, and The Last Story. Nintedno fans want to play these type of RPGs.

#1 10 months ago
  2. DLTDawnlight

@1 – /me points at how Tales of Graces on Wii ended up. Too many bugs and glitches in that game.

#2 10 months ago
  3. CycloneFox

@1: Third party games don’t sell on Nintendo platforms. The best selling tales game was Tales of Xillia. It might be, that Tales of Symphonia was the most selling one over all time as it was the first one in 3D and thus the most hypeed one just like FF7. But for its short lifespan, Xillia was the most successive. Graces on Wii and Vesperia on Xbox360 even sold as little, so that Bandai Namco redecided to bring upgraded rereleases of them to the PS3 (Btw. Graces F on PS3 was one of the best games of the series in terms of characters and battle system overall).
    Also, if they started to release on Nintendo platforms again, I would be sad about the graphical downgrade of the series.

As the Team Destiny titles appeal to me much more than the Team Symphonia titles and Team Symphonia seems to be busy with smartphone games, anyway, I hope, that Team Destiny continues to bring the big mothership titles to the PS4. Those are the important Tales of games for me.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Animeboy413

@Francis O, No The best selling Tales game was on PS3, it’s called Tales of Xillia. it surpassed Symphonia in total sales. Take your Nintendo stop being so biased, I don’t care if Wii U never receives, a new Tales game. the series should stay with Playstation.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Dragon

@2,3,4,
    You are wasting your time on a hardcore ninty fanboy. He even runs a ninty fanboy site.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Clupula

I’m excited to hear this.

I am curious if it’s the PS4 title they said they were beginning work on, or if this is the PS3 swansong. I wouldn’t mind getting another 2015 PS3 title to look forward to.

#6 10 months ago
  7. DLTDawnlight

@#5 Dragon – Is that Furious Francis from Playeressence who lied to the internet that WWHD ran at 60FPS?

#7 10 months ago
  8. xino

another copy and paste Tales games.
    why don’t they just make one Tale game/ or spin off that has all characters in every Tales game in 1 game?:/

#8 10 months ago