PS4 versions of Don’t Starve & The Binding of Isaac free on PS Plus at their launch

Tuesday, 12th November 2013 08:40 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation Plus subscribers can look forward to free PS4 downloads of indie sensations Don’t Starve from Klei Entertainment and The Binding of Isaac from Team Meat when both games launch. Fancy that.

It comes from a Sony event in New York, during which the PS4 interface was shown in full. Check it out through the link.

Joystiq reports that Don’t Starve should launch, “early January,” and will be free on PS Plus at day one. A rep also said, “A Vita native version with cross-save is coming a couple months after the PS4 version,” and that both the PC and PS4 builds will receive parallel updates from a certain point.

Meanwhile, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is said to launch early 2014 on PS4, Steam and PS Vita. It is also said to be launching for free on PS Plus, but we’d hold out for confirmation of this first.

What do you think? Will you check them both out?

PS4 launches November 15 and November 29 in the US and Europe/UK respectively.

1. VibraniumSpork

Awesome. Heard great things about Don’t Starve and I’ve wanted to play The Binding of Isaac for the longest time because Super Meat Boy.

Good old PS+…haters gonna hate on the indie offerings but this is all gravy to me.

#1 1 year ago
  2. silkvg247

Awesome, saves me buying isaac on PC. :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. totallysane

@2 really save you that $2 on pc. Careful you big Spender

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gekidami

^ The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth isnt out yet on PC. I guess you must see the future to know how much it costs already.

BTW, right now on Steam, The Binding of Isaac costs 4,99€, Wrath of the Lamb which is included in Rebirth costs 2,99€. i’ll let you do the math.

#4 1 year ago
  5. polygem

I love indies on + as well. It helps devs and it improves my gaming by providing me with a good variety of games. I would subscribe to ps+ even if it would be all about indies. Combined with vita this even makes more sense. Seriously, the focus on indies was the smartest move i’ve seen from sony in a long time.

#5 1 year ago
  6. darkshale

Early on there will be a lot of indies with PS+ and I love it. One of the reasons I switched to PS4 from xbox360 was the focus on indies. Letting them have a more open market and a concerted effort to bring more to the consumer at a reasonable cost. In a year I expect to see some ports and maybe one or two full release titles over the year but for a while it will be indies and Drive Club. Happy with it and would be happy to be wrong as well.

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

Will PS4 ever get the normal version of Binding of Isaac (Instead of rebirth)?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Panthro

Wow, even though these aren’t the AAA offerings the xbox nerds have come to be jealous of these are pretty fucking good games!

I must have played at least 20 hours on both on PC (The original Isaac anyway)

If I was getting a PS4 with PS+ I would be super happy to have these 2 games as my first free games with plus.

#8 1 year ago