Warner Bros. apologizes for Arkham Origins’ game-breaking bugs

Friday, 1st November 2013 16:37 GMT By Phil Owen

As has become a recurring theme in the modern era, Batman: Arkham Origins was released in a state that for some players — some — rendered it unplayable. Warner Bros. is sorry about that.

“It has come to our attention that there are issues that are negatively impacting the experience for some players,” a community manager posted. “The team has been working around the clock to review, validate and pinpoint the problems that have been reported and we have identified three main issues which we are tackling first, and are listed below. For these issues, we expect the software update to be available within the next week. Rest assured, we are continuing to monitor all channels for other issues that players are experiencing and will release additional updates as they become available.”

There are the three issues, as the statement calls them: “Infinite Falling/Falling Out Of World”; “Unable To Continue Story”; ” FreeFlow Focus mode not unlocking upon reaching “Shadow Vigilante” rank 3″.

They say they’ve already pushed a patch through Steam for those problems, and that consoles should have fixes of their own within the next week. And here’s the apology I promised:

“We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve the issues.”

1. XanderZane

Glad I didn’t get this game at launch. I still need to finish the first two games anyways.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hirmetrium

Gotta agree there Xander. It sounds like WB pushed it out the door too early, and its suffered. I still think the fact you have to abuse a bug to get past a bug is the best thing about the whole situation.

Let’s hope they fixed both.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DSB

Notice how the patch is already out on Steam and the console ones are stuck in cert?

Something tells me the Steam patch was a lot cheaper to roll out to boot.

#3 1 year ago
  4. viralshag

While I did run into bugs I wouldn’t say anything I saw was “game breaking”.

I guess the non-saving MP was the worst I experienced but I’m not overly bothered about that.

#4 1 year ago
  5. sebastien rivas

Unacceptable from a AAA but at least the giant agrees and apologies.

Better than nothing.

#5 1 year ago
  6. turel72

@3 Steam has a lot less red tape than the consoles.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Gamoc

They don’t consider the corrupting game saves to be one if the three biggest bugs?

#7 1 year ago
  8. ZANIACK

At least Batman’s cape is finally black! It’s nice to finally have a Batman game with Batman actually in it.

#8 1 year ago
  9. PenTaFH

I didn’t encounter anything gamebreaking, but I did get hit with some massive framedrops, which sometimes would last for minutes.

I can forgive a lot of things, but framedrops like that in a console game are a bloody mortal sin. Especially in a game with such timing-based combat as the Arkham series. Definitely spoiled the game for me quite a bit.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Darkfield

The patch is out but I’m still stuck at the Burnley comm tower as Batman still refuses to climb up the vent. :<

@4 So you haven't been to Burnley tower I take it :<

#10 1 year ago
  11. Takeshi

@11: I don’t see the issue. Just save that tower for later.

Personally didn’t encounter any game-breaking bugs. Sure, the tower was kind of annoying, but I forgive them since they otherwise delivered a splendid game.

#11 1 year ago
  12. viralshag

@11, exactly what #12 said. You don’t need it to progress the game.

#12 1 year ago
  13. lubu

ok, after the patch Burnley tower fixed for me

#13 1 year ago
  14. Blackened Halo

I definitely love this game and Jim Sterling with his a 3,5/10 review written for Destructoid can kiss my ass goodbye

Anyways, patches work for me horay! :-)

#14 1 year ago
  15. ZappaBappa

I haven’t experienced any gamebreaking bugs yet. And i’ve been playing for about 8 hours. The only thing i ran into was the Radio tower duct which you couldn’t clime in. But that’s not really gamebreaking since you can just fast travel out of it, and just go on with what your doing. You wont have the fast travel zone, but it’ll get fixed sooner or later (like it did) so just go back when its fixed.

#15 1 year ago
  16. YoungZer0

@10: There is a video on youtube on how you can avoid the bug. Watch it now. Helped me out.

#16 1 year ago