Sony Santa Monica has ceased working on God of War: Ascension and has moved on to other projects, such as The Order: 1886 for one. However, this is not entirely the end of content for Kratos, as the team’s community strategist Aaron Kaufman outlined today, also noting a digital release of the game on PSN later this month.
While the production of maps, weapons, armors, marks and other DLC for God of War: Ascension multiplayer will cease, Sony Santa Monica, the team will still support the game starting with the following incoming updates:
- Upcoming Balance Update – Currently working on balance improvements that will tune-up all the Allegiances. This balance update will release later this month. Rest assured, things like the Ares Olympus Armor -20 (PR) are being heavily diagnosed.
- Dedicated Online Support – Team will be monitoring online 24/7 and any new major balance exploits discovered in the weeks or months ahead, will be assessed for fixing.
- PSN Digital Release in October – This month, a digital download version of God of War: Ascension will be released on October 15 for North America, with other regions to follow soon after.
- All DLC items will receive special pricing options upon digital version release in their region (NA pricing options released on October 22, 2013).
- The God of War: Ascension Soundtrack will be made available as a free download for all on PSN for a limited time only.
- Double XP Weekend returns October 18 to October 21 worldwide.
Once the God of War: Ascension digital download version lands on the PlayStation Store, all of the above content will be unleashed to players.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.