Xbox Fitness has you working out with famous trainers, free with Xbox Live Gold through December 2014

Friday, 27th September 2013 15:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox Fitness will be released for Xbox One this winter, and allows users to get their burn on with famous trainers.

Here’s the blurb:

“Introducing the future of fitness. Experience the world’s best workouts with instant, personalized feedback, right in your home on Xbox Fitness. Train with Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson, P90X, Insanity and more. Optimize every workout with immediate feedback on your form, power and heart rate with the all new Kinect, featuring Muscle Mapping, Power Gauge, and Pulse. Plus, feed your motivation with social challenges. Unlimited access is yours with an Xbox Live Gold membership through November 2014. Only on Xbox One.”

Jillian Michaels, Shaun T (Insanity), Tracey Anderson, and that P90X sadist Tony Horton are involved, as the online service uses the “world’s most popular fitness videos” and makes them interactive.

Here’s another blurb: “Using precision Kinect technology, Xbox Fitness can read your heart rate without a monitor, see which muscles are most engaged by measuring the power, force and transfer of weight in your body, and track the quality of your performance by measuring your balance, tempo and form.”

Xbox Fitness will also deliver “personalized program recommendations” based on your workout history and past performance, will highlight the most popular workouts among Xbox Fitness users, and offer a variety of workouts, from 10 to 60 minutes in length.

Challenges are integrated into workouts, tracking performance history and awards and “delivering competitive social challenges.”

Xbox Fitness will launch this holiday and the Xbox Fitness Pass is included free with an Xbox Live Gold membership through December 2014.

Yesterday, this announcement popped up on Xbox.com and was pulled likely due to someone pushing the button a bit too early; however, one intrepid NeoGAF poster was too quick for the firm, and gathered all the information on it.

Pro Sports Daily and Dual Pixels also gleaned the information from the page before it was pulled

1. ysleiro

I don’t know about famous trainers but I should would be willing to jump aboard any training available that works with P90X.

I love P90X.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I tried it. It made me cry. :D

#2 10 months ago
  3. freedoms_stain

Mr Motivator or no deal.

#3 10 months ago
  4. ysleiro

@2 Stephany maybe you should try Insanity. Insanity is more cardio based and less about building muscle.

Although they are both TOUGH. At first I couldnt’ do a full workout without stopping to rest for 10 minutes twice per workout. After 2 weeks I was able to do a work out without stopping however not at the pace the instructor is going at.

Overall the idea is to try and match them and improve. DON’T QUIT!

#4 10 months ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

Damn, I would have liked to try this but not buying an X1 for a while at least, been waiting to do Insanity for ages :(.

Edit: If they offer full P90X/Insanity workouts, this is very tempting for me…

#5 10 months ago
  6. XanderZane

Meh.. probably wouldn’t do this do to my health conditions. It’ll be good for someone though.

#6 10 months ago
  7. darthroseman

What’s the fee afterwards? Just curious.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Erthazus

I need to buy this fast for 500$ just for this app. I need it seriously. Lol
    I hope app will require some sort of subscription for 50$ + some other DLC for the app for 30$ and etc.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Andrew C.

Wow, another subscription for your subscriptions. Ridiculous, stupid, unnecessary. Is this a console anymore?

#9 10 months ago
  10. Stephany Nunneley

Post updated now that MS has announced it and accurate information is available.

There’s also a video and screenshots in there.

#10 10 months ago
  11. dizzygear

I’ll just stick to Stepmania to stay fit for free.

#11 10 months ago
  12. CyberMarco

Gotta like the modern lifestyle western societies are trying to shove down our throats…

#12 10 months ago
  13. Arcnail

@9 Its free for a year wizard.. assuming you have gold.. which one would if you can afford a Xbox One.

Either way.. I would be interested IF they had P90x 2! Its so much better then the original.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Pytox

but if you do xbox fitness there wont be time to game :p lol

#14 10 months ago
  15. bradk825

Cool. My wife was asking me to buy something fitness related when XB1 comes out. This saves me some money.

#15 10 months ago