Zelda: Wind Waker HD compared to GameCube build in new video

Wednesday, 4th September 2013 09:35 GMT By Dave Cook

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD has been compared to its GameCube predecessor in a new video by Nintendo.

What do you think?

Nintendo has also release a story trailer for the game, and you can watch it here.

The game’s out on Wii U October 4 across the US, Europe and Australia.

Via CVG.

1. OmegaSlayer

And lo Behold! A comparison with a console 2 gen older…
    2 in Nintendo standard…1 in average gamer standard LOL

#1 1 year ago
  2. trtrtr

kidtendo kiddy kidelda

zelda is such a garbage overrated series just like mario

#2 1 year ago
  3. DuckNation

This game is the only reason why i’m buying a Wii U Zelda is the best i don’t care what anyone say’s this franchise is da best!! Just deal with it!

#3 1 year ago
  4. mistermogul

I think it looks nice though I can’t help but think this would have been better remade on 3DS while Wii U could have got an Ocarina HD…

#4 1 year ago
  5. Fin

Yeah, cos if there’s one thing Nintendo should make, it’s a HD version of a 15-year old game that’s already been made for Gamecube and 3DS.

#5 1 year ago
  6. fengato

Been playing WInd Waker via Dolphin for years in widescreen / high res – huge fan. I’m happy that Nintendo are releasing it for those who haven’t played it, though here’s hoping a high quality (non-waggle) Zelda is on the way soon. Need some new stuff.

#6 1 year ago
  7. torjs99

do nintendo only have one game that release again and again?

#7 1 year ago
  8. mistermogul

@5 – Er… No.

I mean to have NOT released Ocarina on 3DS in the first place and have that on Wii U. Then have WW on 3DS as for me the graphics were good already on GC and would have suited 3DS better.

The improvement of Ocarina on Wii U would have been much more impressive than the one we got on 3DS.

Comprende?

@2 & 7 – How many accounts do you have?

#8 1 year ago
  9. pcbros

@7 – Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Luigi’s Mansion, Metroid, Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Pikmin, Wario, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Earthbound, Kirby, Wii Sports, etc.

I count more than one…

#9 1 year ago
  10. polygem

one of my all time favourite games for sure. looks so good. cannot wait to play this one again in hd.

@2: so glad that you play on your ps360 with all the other “adults” and not on the wiiu. makes that thing even a better experience than it already is.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

@Polygem
    Explains it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ROpaOOBWU :P :D

Don’t feed Backup, its that obvious.

PS: Only has a PS3.

Don’t counter do what he’s doing, stereotyping.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Doppleganger

ohhhh so now Nintendo thinks graphics mean something for a game.
    I love Nintendo and wish they make a hardcore console next year to beat all the other companies.

If this was Ocarina of Time or even Twilight Princess HD I would have bought a WiiU in a heart beat

#12 1 year ago
  13. pcbros

@12 – I want to see all the games I listed at #9 appear on the Wii U…

Where is my Earthbound remake???

#13 1 year ago
  14. FabioPal

Seriously: what’s the point of this video?

To show how it is improved graphically?
    or
    To show that it’s EXACTLY like a 10 years old game?
    or
    Both?

#14 1 year ago
  15. Kuwabara

i will buy a wii u only for this game, if it bundled.

#15 1 year ago
  16. spoffle

@1 you clearly don’t understand what generation actually means.

2@ Over rated isn’t really a “thing”, it’s just something people say when they don’t understand why something is popular based on their dislike of it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. fearmonkey

I think the game looks very nice. I never had a gamecube so I think it’s great that it is being redone.

Once the prices on a Wii-u drop to $200 or so, I consider getting it to play this. That will be quite awhile so who knows if I’ll ever play it.

This is the kind of game I missed on Xbox 360, the original Xbox had far more platformer and family friendly titles. I loved Kameo, disapointed there was never a sequel. I am hoping Knack is good as It eminds me of Kameo a bit.

#17 1 year ago