Xbox One supports eight controllers at once, 30ft wireless range

Tuesday, 3rd September 2013 08:13 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One will support up to eight controllers at once, according to the pad’s official product descriptor.

You can find the product page here. It’s not yet known how many DualShock 4′s can connect to PS4 at any one time.

I had hands on with both pads at gamescom and found DualShock 4 to be the better controller, with more weight and vastly improved triggers. However, the left analogue stick is still below the d-pad, something I feel the Xbox One gets right for FPS titles, but that’s a personal preference.

I also found the LB and RB buttons on Microsoft’s device really awkward, with reduced ‘push-in’, so it was often hard to tell if I’d pressed it or not. That said, the ridged analogue sticks on Xbox One are superb and grippy for sweaty handed CoD players like myself.

What do you think of the pads so far?

Via CVG.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

I can’t think of any game that would allow 8 players on screen at the same time. Also, think of the cost! I dunno, it seems like a waste…

…nice that they added it though, just in case.

#1 8 months ago
  2. dravenkaze

8 on one screen? In fact 8 in one room? Lol pointless news who the hell is gonna have 8 players local co op at the same time…ps4 will now say that ps4 can handle 10!

#2 8 months ago
  3. MFBB

Playstation 3 supports 7 controllers.

But it was hardly ever used.

Only for something like Pro Evelotuon Soccer 3v3 matches.

#3 8 months ago
  4. viralshag

FIFA if it supports that many locally.

It really wouldn’t be that hard for me to get 8 people over for 4vs4 FIFA. We get 2v2 going on random occassions. The difficult part would be finding 8 XB1 controllers… ;)

#4 8 months ago
  5. mistermogul

I love playing games 30ft away from my TV! hehe

#5 8 months ago
  6. monkeygourmet

That would mean you would have £400 worth of controllers in the room! :)

#6 8 months ago
  7. viralshag

I think out of my friendship group I will definitely be the only one with an XB1. In about a year I reckon there’ll be a few PS4s knocking about.

#7 8 months ago
  8. bradk825

That’s 6 more than I need ;-)

#8 8 months ago