Halo Xbox One is “the next chapter”, according to Microsoft Store – rumour

Friday, 30th August 2013 02:42 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Microsoft Store has reportedly posted a few brief lines outlining the plot of the next Halo game for Xbox One, confirming it is a new story entry.

Although we weren’t able to find the original, according to a screengrab posted by AllGamesBeta, the Microsoft Store had this to say regarding the new Halo game:

“In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.”

Nobody has been really sure what the new Halo will be about because 343 Industries has said it’s not Halo 5, although it is a legitimate entry int he story and will expand on the Reclaimer trilogy.

The new game was announced at E3 2013 and is coming to Microsoft’s new console in 2014, and will run at 60 FPS.

1. Units

You left out Halo getting dedicated servers part.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Endless AGB

Here is the link http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Halo-for-Xbox-One/productID.286029500

#2 1 year ago
  3. ddtd

When did 343 say it wasn’t Halo 5?

#3 1 year ago
  4. lookingglass

Where sentient life is mercilessly hunted?

Well, I loved Mass Effect so.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Scared

What are the chances this could be called “Halo One”?

#5 1 year ago
  6. redwood

@1 and “teh cloud” part too

#6 1 year ago
  7. polygem

#5

#7 1 year ago
  8. redwood

they should only call it halo one if they are re-booting the entire story.

#8 1 year ago
  9. torjs99

well that description could be any halo game and…

it looks like we will not be seeing this until 2015!

#9 1 year ago
  10. back__up

Xbot getting rehash while PS4 master race getting New Ip’s

#10 1 year ago
  11. Dave Cook

FYI, as soon as I see Backup or any variation of his account return to this site, it’s getting nuked.

I can do this as long as you can mate. Keep going.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Djoenz

I strip you of your sony badge. You dont deserve to wear one!

#12 1 year ago
  13. Froseidon

@3 – E3 I think? Don’t quote me on that but I seem to remember Spencer saying something about it.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Lengendaryboss

So Halo 5, Halo subtitle, Halo One surely they would know.

#14 1 year ago
  15. DreadSabot

True members of the Gamer Master Race (GMR) pay no allegiance to a single console nor do they create flame-wars.

We consider those who do the dredges and slum dwellers of gaming as it is clear that the need for purchase recognition is only sought by those too dumb or too poor to afford more in life.

Forsake using our name in vain and learn from your most recent gaff.

The GMR have spoken!

#15 1 year ago
  16. FuntimeBen

A new chapter? I thought we closed the b ook on this series long ago.

#16 1 year ago
  17. ysleiro

I can’t believe NOBODY has mentioned the OBVIOUS!

Maybe it’s obvious to me because I was a US Navy Sailor.

Guys! His name is NOT Master Chief (that’s his rank) now that you know this pay attention to what is said in the description: his rank is “Petty Officer”.

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A PREQUEL!

#17 1 year ago
  18. pwnftw

Holy shit.
    Very good spot, I totally didnt think twice about his rank! Still, the fact that there are forerunners and his cortana chip is empty would mean its probably a sequel, but he has been demoted.

#18 1 year ago