Scribblenauts Unlimited coming to Europe in December

Thursday, 29th August 2013 23:24 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The mysteriously delayed 3DS and Wii U versions of Scribblenauts Unlimited will finally reach Europe and the UK before the end of the year.

CVG reports Scribblenauts Unlimited will release in Europe in December.

The PC, 3Ds and Wii U versions have been available in other territories including North America and Australia since November 2012. The PC version finally hit Europe in February 2013, with both console releases remaining in limbo until now.

The release is exceptionally tardy; follow-up Scribblenauts Unmasked arrives in North America in September.

No explanation has been offered for the delay, although licensing concerns and litigation may have been responsible.

1. Gheritt White

Brenna, I’m pretty sure it’s because WBIE distribute it in North America, but rely on Nintendo to do so in Europe. Ninty may well have wanted to hold it back to pad out their Xmas line-up.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

A whole year?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Gheritt White

God knows, I’m not party to these decisions. Not even 100% sure Unlimited is distributed by Nintendo, that may have just been Super Scribs.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I would imagine Localisation would have played a *massive* part in the delay, especially for a game like Scribblenauts and for a multilingual region like Europe.

#3 1 year ago
  4. polygem

well, nice. finally. not sure which version to get though.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheWulf

As a long time Scribblenauts fan, and as someone who’s played all the games, I’d suggest getting Unlimited. Though Unmasked is on the horizon, and that looks very, very good indeed.

I played Scribblenauts Unlimited on the PC, myself, but I can’t imagine it’s any different on the Wii U/3DS? It was nice playing it with a trackball, though.

So yeah, go for Unlimited, or wait for Unmasked.

#5 1 year ago