Microsoft will be at PAX Prime this weekend with Xbox One, games, “surprises”

Tuesday, 27th August 2013 20:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft will be at PAX Prime this weekend showing off Xbox One and a load of games at its booths August 30 – September 2.

Here’s what’s on hand:

The Games : Dead Rising 3, Project Spark, Kinect Sports Rivals, Fable Anniversary, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Battlefield 4 and other “surprises at the booth,” including games Major Nelson said he wasn’t at “liberty to divulge . . . yet.”

Starting at 10:00am and ending at 6:00pm, 30-minute demos will rotate through the following schedule:

• Kinect Rivals – 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm. 4:00pm
  • Spark – 10:30am, 12:30pm. 2:30pm. 4:30pm
  • Fable Anniversary – 11:00am, 1:00pm. 3:00pm, 5:00pm
  • Dead Rising 3 – 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm

Halo 4 Global Championship

The battle continues at PAX Prime with the Halo 4 Global Championship powered by Virgin Gaming at Benaroya Hall. Players will battle to claim the title of “‘Halo 4’ Global Champion” and the coveted $200,000 (USD) grand prize. Plus, Major Nelson will be hosting a live stream (that will be available on the Xbox dashboard) of the finals on Sunday from 4p-6p.

The firm will also be kicking off PAX with an official Xbox Meet Up open to the public.

More details through the link.

1. monkeygourmet

Nice, who doesn’t like a suprise?!

#1 11 months ago
  2. Arcnail

I’m thinking a release date for sure.. and maybe a free digital game for North America like the UK got with Fifa.

#2 11 months ago
  3. tezzer1985

I’m sure Xbox will announce the release date

#3 11 months ago
  4. Arcnail

Ya.. and you would have to think it’ll be before the PS4.. Nov 8 like the rumor that’s out there? Earlier perhaps?

#4 11 months ago
  5. MCTJim

@2 could you imagine if it was BF, Ryse, CoD or Madden 25?

#5 11 months ago
  6. bradk825

@1 My wife hates surprises, but I haven’t met anyone else in the world who does.

I like surprises. So I look forward to seeing what happens.

#6 11 months ago
  7. bradk825

@5 Madden is my guess.

#7 11 months ago
  8. MCTJim

@7 that would be mine too since its got exclusive content on the X1

#8 11 months ago
  9. bradk825

The funny thing is I might be the one guy that would actually have preferred FIFA, lol, but if they are making the same move in NA, they are clearly going to pick a game that a lot of people are into here, and Madden fits the bill. They won’t do a game that is not family-friendly like CoD or Ryse (awesome as that would be). They will pick something that everyone will either love, or at least say “oh nice, a free game that I would actually play.”

The only one that jumps to mind is Madden. That said, they could go NHL 14, or something more family oriented like Zoo Tycoon which has Kinect support.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Arcnail

Madden would make sense for sure.. would be really cool if it was a choice from a couple though. Prolly not going to happen, just not a big player of football games…

#10 11 months ago
  11. Arcnail

Of course watch the net build all this hype about a free game and then they don’t give us one lol

#11 11 months ago
  12. bradk825

@11 yeah really, that would suck, lol. I wouldn’t be devestated by that, because I understand sometimes geographic promos are necessary, but it would be nice if we got the same deal that EU gets.

#12 11 months ago
  13. MCTJim

@12 games that are good and free are always welcome in my book..Hell, if they do give a free game and it is indeed Madden 25, then its one less gift I have to give my son at Christmas..LOL..Merry Christmas kiddo :P

#13 11 months ago
  14. Major Mayhem 70

Wow, 12 responses and no trolling. This is nice. I hope it’s a free game too and Madden would be great. Was planning on getting it anyways so that’s money in the pocket 😊

#14 11 months ago
  15. Major Mayhem 70

MCTJIM what they don’t know won’t hurt them. Lol

#15 11 months ago
  16. MCTJim

I just saw on XBox.com facebook that they updated their cover photo to Madden 25…This could be a hint or just a coincidence.

#16 11 months ago
  17. Jesus Christ

Looking forward to the event. I’m sure there will be a release date. New game announcements? Hopefully.

#17 11 months ago
  18. bradk825

@16 We may all get to say “Called it!!!” very soon.

#18 11 months ago
  19. bradk825

@14 Wouldn’t it be nice if all the threads were like this?

#19 11 months ago
  20. Beersup

I would prefer FIFA as well but thats not likely. NHL isn’t coming to X1 this year :(

#20 11 months ago
  21. xxJPRACERxx

Can’t wait to see how bf4 runs on the X1.

#21 11 months ago
  22. Arcnail

@16 Interesting catch.. really though.. I think if we’re getting a free game (and can’t choose) it has to be Madden after the UK got Fifa.

#22 11 months ago