Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls teaser site points to possible expansion

Wednesday, 14th August 2013 09:53 GMT By Dave Cook

Diablo 3 developer Blizzard Entertainment has opened a teaser site for something called ‘Reaper of Souls’. Could this be the game’s first expansion?

The site can be found here, and it features a quote from the Book of Tyrael.

Blizzard also recently trademarked something called ‘The Dark Below’, which is rumoured to be a World of Warcraft expansion.

With gamescom next week and Blizzard teasing some new things for the show, it’s possible that a Diablo 3 expansion reveal isn’t far off.

What do you think?

Diablo 3 hits PS3 and Xbox 360 on September 3. It’ll also come to PS4 in due course.

Via CVG.

1. Erthazus

I hope they can fix everything that is wrong with original Diablo 3.

#1 11 months ago
  2. hives

@1 – I want randomly generated areas AND lack of AH :<

#2 11 months ago
  3. Erthazus

I want decent combat mechanics, decent bosses, BETTER CONTENT, Lack of AH, randomly generated areas too.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Gheritt White

So long as it has a hybrid magic/melee class, a la the Druid, I’ll be happy.

#4 11 months ago
  5. backup

D3 user score 3.8 at meta lol wat a garbage PC exclusive

#5 11 months ago
  6. Max Payne

Some new mechanics will also be nice.

#6 11 months ago
  7. GwynbleiddiuM

I want Necromancer and that is enough for me :D

#7 11 months ago
  8. SplatteredHouse

See the URL for the image. Joystiq noticed that “d3x” part, and I know that this matches with the manner of Blizzard’s game files naming, for Diablo. LoD is referred to as “d2x”. It all seems a little straightforward for Blizzard, though.

#8 11 months ago
  9. silkvg247

If they introduce an offline mode with loot back as it used to be i.e. a chance of something interesting actually dropping occasionally.. and IF they fire their script writers and get somebody past puberty, then I might take a look.

#9 11 months ago
  10. MFBB

I hopey they change a lot with those 2 expansions they have planned for Diablo 3.

Would really like to play the game but it was just no fun after you played through it.

#10 11 months ago
  11. salarta

I’m guessing by the title that this isn’t the case, but I’d like it if Adria was involved in the expansion. Regardless, looking forward to it.

#11 11 months ago