Tue, Aug 06, 2013 | 10:42 BST
Don Bradman Cricket 14 announced for PS3, PC & Xbox 360
Don Bradman Cricket 14 has been announced by developer Big Ant Studios for release later this year.
In a press release sent to VG247 this morning, the studio confirmed that it is working with publisher HES and the Bradman Foundation to bring the player’s license to the title.
“It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time,” said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES. “Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.”
The game’s features are as follows:
- Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
- Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
- Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to deliver that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
- Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
- More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
- An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
We’ve got some screens below. What do you think cricket fans?