PayDay 2 HD video: entire new heist from PC version

Friday, 19th July 2013 15:21 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Plans. Check. Guns. Check. Complete new heist from PC version of PayDay 2 with commentary from Overkill? Check. Hit the button, Neil. Do not hesitate. Not for a second.

PayDay 2 is about you and friends robbing stuff. It’s great fun. It’s made by Overkill and it’s out in August. This is a complete Heist from a London event yesterday. It’s the PC version. A dev commentates the entire thing.

Masks on. Go.

1. YoungZer0

Oh I’m so fucking getting this!

Gotta love the dynamic missions. I saw the same gameplay footage @ gamespot, which went a little bit better but still ended in a car chase gone wrong (i.e. the driver was shot), so the team had to hold back the police and wait for new pickup.

#1 1 year ago
  2. VibraniumSpork

@ Hell yeah! Love the first one but this seems to school it in every which way. Also pre-orders are only £22.99 for the PS3/360 versions on Amazon right now O_O

#2 1 year ago
  3. viralshag

I didn’t really get into the first one but I’d be willing to try this if it’s an improvement.

I have the first one on Steam, hit me up if you want to have some fun botching up some jobs. That’s about the best you can hope for with me.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

@3: Seriously the first one was terrible, I had a long, long list of everything wrong with it starting with major gameplay mechanics. This seems to be a completely different story.

#4 1 year ago
  5. absolutezero

The first game was an alright co-op shooter buried behind the most obstructive, illusive and confusing menu/UI ever created.

Seriously how do you unlock new skills? Where do you equip them? What does shooting the cameras do? Why is this weapon better than another?

The game outright either hides or simply never tells you these things. Its a confusing garbled mess. I hope to God they worked on that a hell of alot.

#5 1 year ago
  6. YoungZer0

@5: I dunno, I thought it was terrible, the shooting simply wasn’t fun and didn’t feel responsive enough, few weapons, too many enemies (still seems to be a problem), not much gameplay variety, not many maps, you’re pretty much fucked with a mediocre team and definitely fucked with a.i. partners, as they can’t even pick up money bags or shoot straight.

And you had to grind for the most basic skills/weapons.

I think if you shoot the cameras the enemies won’t know right away where you are.

#6 1 year ago