The magical Cube World gets alpha release — good luck

Sunday, 7th July 2013 00:49 GMT By Phil Owen

The voxelized procedurally generated open-world sandbox RPG madness of Cube World can now be yours (the alpha version, at least) for 20 smackeroos (dollars). That is, of course, assuming the game’s site is working. They’ve been getting DDoSed a bunch over the past day or so, and so the buy site comes and goes. But if you want it, go here. If you don’t know what Cube World is, hit the jump.

Cube World is basically every game in one, but it might be best to think of it as Zelda meets minecraft. Here’s a trailer to help you understand a bit better.

Get it?

1. k1llabeast

That looks beautiful! I want.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hybridpsycho

been playing it to lvl 22 atm, it’s really finished to be an Alpha and if you feel like wasting quite a few hours it’s cheap for 15 Euro.

#2 1 year ago
  3. TheWulf

This reminds me of 3D Dot Game Heroes for the PS3, quite a bit, except perhaps less story based/linear. I remember making a character for that game and having a blast. I can only hope that this is nearly as good.

#3 1 year ago
  4. redwood

it’s a vpgowsRPG -voxelized procedurally generated open-world sandbox RPG!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

I bought it and played it.

A LOT OF POTENTIAL being the best indie game of 2013 but so far there is just not enough content/issues with their site/Poor optimization (probably the worst one considering that the game eats more resources then almost any current gen game on the PC on max)

but obviously this is alpha (more like a beta stage) in the end could be the best indie game.

The best thing for that game is randomly generated content. It’s really That good. I ope that they will fix optimization. It’s poor as F.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Malfet

Sexy! Do want.

#6 1 year ago
  7. DSB

I’ve been watching this since the beginning, but I’m not sure I feel good about ordering from a small indie during a sustained attack.

#7 1 year ago
  8. penniman

I wish the cities were a little more lively..

#8 1 year ago
  9. Rosseu

Tried this too. It’s really very good, just lacking content right now since it’s in alpha.

#9 1 year ago
  10. jevonski

it’s really great fun even for alpha I can’t wait to see what wollay does next with it.

#10 1 year ago