PS4 video shows overview of the UI

Thursday, 13th June 2013 14:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A video showing off PS4′s user interface is below. In the video the actor is playing one game, gets a pop up from a friend, and then heads into the store to buy Killzone: Shadowfall. Basically its shows you all the things you can do. Watch below. Via Polygon.

1. KineticCalvaria

This was posted yesterday? Or tuesday… :P

#1 1 year ago
  2. tezzer1985

You posted this on Tuesday

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

i have sarah greene on my friendlist :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. KineticCalvaria

@3, She’s not interested Will, give it up.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthabutt

@ps3fanboy I want to see you shut up.

#5 1 year ago
  6. DeVitowned

Women aren’t going to have a chance at stressfree gaming when every horny basement dwelling nerd can see they are in fact a real woman on the internet.

Annoying video (dat musik!) aside, cannot wait to explore the new interface.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Froseidon

“I don’t got that man!” – That’s all I took from that video.

#7 1 year ago
  8. KineticCalvaria

@6, amazing isn’t it, one pretty female in a vid and they all come scurrying out of their basements.

Also nerds are never going to have a stress free life if they are stereotyped into being basement dwellers all the time. :D

#8 1 year ago
  9. The Dude

@7 I logged in just to agree with you on that.

Shocking.

#9 1 year ago
  10. zinc

Cross-game chat. Very next-gen.

#10 1 year ago
  11. KineticCalvaria

@10, I know, can’t believe nobody thought of doing it before!

#11 1 year ago
  12. polygem

see, that´s why i´m really not the biggest fan of social gaming. it´s just pure stress :) sure, sometimes i like some chatting in online matches too but most of the time i don´t. when it was new i loved it on xbl. it was unbelieveably cool back then. today. not so much anymore.

is there any official infos about the ps4 headset that comes with the console? in the video they all wear in ear headsets. i´d love that because i wont buy a dedicated headset, with in ears i could use them under my regular phones if needed.

#12 1 year ago
  13. shaolinsword

@12 some info here

#13 1 year ago
  14. laughing-gravy

That video was really corny. I just hope they change the PR campaign to a more euro-centric one. Still getting a PS4 though.

#14 1 year ago
  15. lexph3re

It was really cheesy and melodramatic. But, I still liked seeing the Interface switching back and forth from videos and other apps in on the device seamlessly. That is what we really want to see anyways, Play a game watch the video a friend sent download a game and talk ish with the actual friends you have.

I hope the friend network really picks up steam because I would like to see more of my friends and know their name without feeling awkward asking them what is it.

#15 1 year ago
  16. polygem

@#13: thanks man, exactly what i was hoping for. i already have some great headphones and for the few times i feel like chatting i can just use that in ear headset under those. perfect.

#16 1 year ago
  17. halberykM

Already posted

#17 1 year ago
  18. Ireland Michael

I kept wondering what they meant by “transitioning to a real world social network”, but it finally clicked watching this video.

I’m assuming if someone isn’t on your friends list, you’re just going to see their gamertag and whatever details they want you to see, but if you actually add someone, their profile will be more about who they actually are.

So instead of saying “wordsofivory is online”, it would say something like “Michael O’Connor is online” instead, if I was on your friendlist.

Personally I like that idea. I prefer playing games online with people I actually know, instead of random strangers. It’s just a nice added layer of personalisation.

#18 1 year ago
  19. ivycrew707

Im wondering how this is gonna affect a person logged into a ps3 and a ps4. Because now you can’t be logged into two ps3′s at the same time and i’m not 100% sure but i don’t think you can have your account as the main on two activated systems

#19 1 year ago
  20. KineticCalvaria

@18,

Yeah I like the idea of real names too, makes the whole thing seem less nerdy for one, instead of all of us hiding behind our alias’, we’re actually people… people with names!

#20 1 year ago
  21. Maguire82

Looks way better I hope they implement this tile system on the Ps3 too.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Ireland Michael

@19 Why would you be logged into both at the same time?

I would imagine a main on your PS3 wouldn’t exclude the option on the PS4 anyway. I don’t see any reason why it would. It would probably just log you out of the one you’re not on.

#22 1 year ago
  23. DSB

Might as well make it easy for the NSA ;)

#23 1 year ago
  24. ivycrew707

@22 you don’t have to be logged in, but your system is tied to your main account, at least on ps3

#24 1 year ago
  25. noamlol2

i don’t give a fuck about social features

and recording your game while matchmaking will cause you to be laggy as shit

i’m really intrested how they implanted the gaikai services

the design looks like facebook on steroids

but it’s better then microsoft’s VCR dashboard

#25 1 year ago
  26. KineticCalvaria

@23, precisely! Sony are making it more ‘social’ so they can spy on us, you heard it here first guys!

#26 1 year ago