Batman: Arkham Origins video discusses the Dark Knight, takes a look at the game

Thursday, 13th June 2013 16:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The PS Blog spoke with Warner Bros. at E3 about Batman: Arkham Origins. The video is below, and includes a look at some gameplay. Batman: Arkham Origins worldwide on October 25 on PC, PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360.

1. YoungZer0

Doesn’t look bad at all.

It’s a little bit extreme how much material they re-used. A lot of the animations and even the hud are the same.

Do like that they added more depth to the detective mode.

Do not like how empty and less-detailed the streets look compared to the previous title. Hopefully that has more to do with the size of the city than anything else.

Like the different Joker and both new voiceactor seem to do a solid job.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Edo

@1 “Do not like how empty and less-detailed the streets look compared to the previous title.”
    They look perfectly fine it’s a freaking Christmas Eve and there’s a blizzard in case you haven’t noticed so it’s expected to be like that.
    I agree about the voice acting as Smith perfectly channels younger Kevin Conroy and Baker as Joker just continues to amaze me with his voice acting talent
    …also chills at 3.33-3.46,it seems that Christopher Drake of The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Under the Red Hood is composing the soundtrack which is great in my opinion.

#2 10 months ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

I have low expectations for this, even if it does look more or less the same, it just seems to be missing something.

The city seems very bland as well, not liking the level design so far. Still its early days and only seen a small section so far, but something tells me that without rocksteady its not gonna be up to par.

#3 10 months ago
  4. YoungZer0

I do like to add that I like the art-direction much more than from the Rocksteady titles. They always overdid it with the muscles ‘n stuff.

Only one thing left I’m wondering about: How do the women look. The women in the rocksteady Arkham titles looked awful.

#4 10 months ago
  5. ps3fanboy

this game looks very good and may be my first batman game on the ps3…

#5 10 months ago
  6. Takeshi

#3: Agreed. I don’t think it’s going to be a bad game. It’s just going to be unremarkable. There’s not a lot of questions regarding the plot. Just some assassins going after Batman and Black Mask is behind.

It’s not the same as with Huge Strange and the Joker, and how it all tied together. Hopefully, we’ll see a third Rocksteady game at some point. They have to working on something. If they are working on it, I hope they won’t release it in 2014. Please don’t make my favourite franchise an annual money fest.

#6 10 months ago
  7. YoungZer0

@7:

“Just some assassins going after Batman and Black Mask is behind.”

Yeah, remember how we thought the entire plot of Arkham City would just be about the Joker? How did that turn out?

Notice how Joker is also there and that Bane – for some reason – is also working for the Joker?

#7 10 months ago