PS Plus: Uncharted 3, LBP Karting, XCOM: Enemy Unknown join the service next week

Friday, 7th June 2013 16:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced Uncharted 3, LBP Karting, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown will join the PS Plus Instant Game collection in Europe and North America next week.

Replacing LittleBigPlanet 2 is Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (single-player); replacing inFamous 2 is LittleBigPlanet Karting, and replacing Motorstorm Apocalypse is XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the next 12 months.

It all starts next week, and if you don’t have a Plus account yet, you can pick one up for £39.99/$49.99 – which is less than the price of a new game.

1. KineticCalvaria

Goddamn it, gonna have to renew this and start using my Playstation 3. Anyone know if plus subs will carry on over to 4?

2. NeoSquall

Uncharted 3 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown FUCK YEAH!

@1 It will most likely carry on to PS4, but don’t expect to play PSN games for PS3 on it, though, they already said you won’t be able to (until they make official ports).

3. Pytox

@1 more will be announced at e3 about that i guess

4. matirishhh

How not to love sony?

5. KineticCalvaria

@3, I did wonder whether it had been announced yet or not and if anyone had heard but hopefully find out next week anyway.

6. backup

PS3 is awesome and better than xboxlive which is rip off
    need to try Xcom heard alot of good things about that game

7. machy

sweeeeeeeeeeeet .. xcom that’s a win

8. zinc

I was thinking of buying Xcom… thanks Sony :)

9. ActionGameKing

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? SONY <3

10. jmg24bad

LBP karting I was thinking of getting, and XCOM i know nothing about. So free games here I come !

11. Madlink

That’s bloody impressive! Uncharted 3 was a truly fantastic game and I haven’t had a chance to play XCOM yet. I’m pretty sure I’ve got a PSPlus 3-Month trial lying around here somewhere…

12. mistermogul

Xcom’s worth a look but I got bored quite quickly of it as there didn’t seem to be anything to achieve after a while…

13. Fin

There’s this too

14. matirishhh

#13 unit13 would be very welcome. I could also replay BF3 single player campaign on PS3. Nice!

15. TD_Monstrous69

Wow, just fucking wow. Looks like I got some more hard-drive space to clear. Glad I got PlayStation Plus.

16. CyberMarco

Nice one Sony. I already got UC3:GoTY on May and the MP is really great, but seeing that it will be added on PS+ I can now share it with my brother who is going to get a PS3 for himself, maybe now I’ll persuade him to split the sub! :P

I was thinking in buying Modnation Racers or LBP Karting and now I don’t have to bother.

For XCOM, I’m not a fan of tactical RTS games, but I’ll give it a try, you never know.

17. OnionPowder

XCOM was one of my favorite games of last year and to be able to play it on the TV while chilling on the couch is excellent. PS+ has not let me down yet.

18. Darth-Bader

S<3Ny

19. Samoan Spider

Amazing for anyone who hasn’t played XCOM. I’m still playing it shit loads now. I had to get my mind around the fact I wasn’t going to beat it with my first game and you feel really pissed off when a levelled squad member carks it!

20. MadFingerz

Reading the title made me reminiscence about Crash Team Racing. Ahh, the sweet sweet memories…

21. Ireland Michael

@20 They gave that away on PS+ a while back. Alongside the rest of the Crash PS1 back catalogue. I think it’s only something like €4.99 to buy anyway,

22. MadFingerz

Yup, I have it on my game list just don’t have anyone to play it with anymore…a remastered version with online play would be awesomesauce.

23. fihar

First PS+ freebies that I already own!
    I already bought both XCOM and UC3 on launch day and I doubt I’ll be playing LBPK anytime soon considering I’m not finished with S&ASRT yet.

But hey, great for people who haven’t tried XCOM yet. I’m sure everyone who owns a PS3 have tried Uncharted at some point in their life.

XCOM is turn-based.

24. CyberMarco

^ Yeah, my bad. I’m not really accustomed with games like this.