Murdered: Soul Suspect trailer shows detective work beyond the grave

Tuesday, 4th June 2013 16:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Murdered: Soul Suspect has a new trailer showing how tormented Salem, Massachusetts detective Ronan O’Connor goes about trying to bring his killer to justice from beyond the grave.

Ronan will use his ghostly abilities to communicate psychically with detectives working his murder case. He can event do a bit of detective work in the afterlife himself, by interacting with ghosts haunting Salem.

Not all are your typical ghosts though, some are demonic, and are out for his soul.

Murdered: Soul Suspect, is in development at Airtight Games, and will release in early 2014 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. Edo

That was really good and that gameplay concept sounds interesting,yet another game I am looking forward to see at E3.

2. Moonwalker1982

No next-gen version? How odd.

3. YoungZer0

Man, fuck this, I want to see some actual gameplay footage.

4. ArcticMonkey

This could sell 5M in an hour and Square Enix will still release a statement saying how it didn’t live up to their expectations.

5. actuallyisnotafox

this actually looks really good… you never see interesting games like this anymore thou8ght :/ good for them ^.^

6. dex3108

Really interesting :D

Actually you can see few seconds of gameplay at the end of trailer.

7. YoungZer0

@6: That’s ingame material, not actual gameplay footage. I want to know how you play the game.

8. dex3108

Probably standard Third Person game with puzzle elements :D And gameplay probably will be shown on E3.

9. The_Red

So this is the gritty and grim reboot of Ghost Trick… right? RIGHT? (Man that game was sweet. Why the fuck didn’t it get many sequels on DS instead of same-ish Layton and Pokemon and other lame sequelified games?).

10. salarta

@4: Only if the game managing to sell 5 million in an hour comes at the cost of many years of heavy development and an obscenely expensive marketing strategy that makes it so there’s literally nowhere you can go without seeing an ad of it. Also only if it’s an existing IP and a majority of people have been convinced the IP somehow magically sucked all along until the latest game.

11. Mike W

Not bad, in fact that was really good. It’s like the movie Ghost with Patrick S. and Demi M

12. ArcticMonkey

@10… But Tomb Raider did suck, before the reboot.

Sry, had to edit. Laughing at how thoughtful and eloquent my comment was. I just wasn’t into the previous games… Soul suspect looks good tho

13. salarta

@12: Which is how it managed to continue existing for 17 years and ultimately managed to get a reboot rather than simply being canned entirely. Because it sucked. The same way all franchises are launched, by sucking.

14. ArcticMonkey

@13 Lara Croft is an iconic character in our videogaming universe, of course she’ll stick around. And the games have made a ton of money so they’ll keep getting made, but don’t confuse longevity with quality. Britney Spears has been around for like 15 years now, see? Longevity does not equal quality.

15. fihar

That was my first thought as well. I’m definitely interested in this.
    Ghost Trick came from Ace Attorney developers so I have absolutely no idea why you had to bring up Laytons and Pokemons.

I would’ve preferred it more if this was as colourful as Ghost Trick, I’m rather sick of seeing the same colour palette over and over again.
    Why can’t Lost World be multiplatform?

16. The_Red

I feel both Layton and AA series have been getting a billion sequels and already feel stale. It makes me sad to see them reach that level while a truly inventive game like GT doesn’t.

To clarify farther, I don’t think they were lame to begin with. First few Pokemon games were revolutions and the Layton was a sweet surprise. Sadly, I feel the same way about them that I do for COD games. Modern Warfare 1-2 were superb. Black Ops was also fun but come on…

17. Brenna Hillier

Will they just confirm the developer already, gosh. If it’s not Crystal Dynamics I’m going to have some hard questions.