Halo: Spartan Assault trailer is go, watch it here

Tuesday, 4th June 2013 14:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Halo: Spartan Assault is the new twin-stick shooter set in the Halo universe. It’s just been revealed as a Windows 8 exclusive and you can check out the debut trailer here.

Stace has also written a preview of the game here which is full of gameplay, screens and plot details, as well as an interview with 343′s Dan Ayoub. The game will hit any device that can run Windows 8 in July.

1. Dragon246

Windows 8 exclusive? Are we dreaming? MS making Windows games? And a Halo one?
    *faints*

#1 11 months ago
  2. Erthazus

Lol. No way I will upgrade to Windows 8 just for that.
    It’s the same thing like with Halo 2 on the Vista. No one cares.

@1, They made not too long ago Age Of Empires 2 in HD btw.

#2 11 months ago
  3. dex3108

Dear M$ go fu** yourself! First port all Halo games that are not on PC than we can talk.

#3 11 months ago
  4. YoungZer0

Lol, nein danke.

#4 11 months ago
  5. backup

flop game on dead gaming platform PC

#5 11 months ago
  6. Pytox

LOL

#6 11 months ago
  7. Erthazus

Funny thing though. I remember when Halo 2 was released for Windows Vista, some hackers made a patch that could make run Halo 2 on the Windows XP.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this game will be available on all Windows platforms after 2-3 days. Lawl.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Sam Clay

I just want to make it clear – Windows 8 is now a platform that runs across loads of devices (Phones, Tablets and obviously your humble PC).

It’s pretty hot.

#8 11 months ago
  9. DrDamn

And Xbox One? That was what was suggested pre-reveal, and would be a huge boost to the machine indie wise.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Dragon246

@Sam,
    “It’s pretty hot.”
    Surely not good for the hardware now, is it? :P

#10 11 months ago
  11. viralshag

I thought it looked ok…

#11 11 months ago
  12. Sam Clay

@10 it’s sweltering ;)

@9 I guess we can assume we’ll see it land on XBLA and Xbox One? Right? – They’re currently working on controller support, so it’d make sense.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Christopher Jack

Ah, dual shooting, that brings back some fond memories of Halo 3 & to a lesser extent, 2.

@8, If only true, WP8 & Windows RT, while cosmetically similar, are completely different from the true Windows in functionality and variety :(
    I wanted to like WP7 when I got my old Omnia 7 but it was so restricting, had no functionality, felt pretty much how the iPhone was during the early stages of their app store, I ended up quickly replacing the Omnia with an Android device.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Malmer

I need this game.

#14 11 months ago
  15. G1GAHURTZ

I’ll probably get it. Although I’m not sure how well it would run.

My i5 tablet runs at 1080p, and without me changing the resolution down every time I want to play a game (In theory. Haven’t tried), even basic games chug at low framerates.

Jetpack Joyride is nowhere near as smooth as it is on my phone, for example.

They should at least make sure that every game has a resolution setting.

#15 11 months ago
  16. dOoKxZr

Haha that exclusiveness will make the game fail. Windows 8 is horrible

#16 11 months ago
  17. harr0w

@3 hahaha so true.

#17 11 months ago
  18. harr0w

@5 a dead gaming platform and what fact is that based on???

#18 11 months ago
  19. redwood

touch-screen gaming> the one thing i wish we could un-invent

#19 11 months ago
  20. Lengendaryboss

@Redwood This.

#20 11 months ago
  21. ps3fanboy

first a crappy dance game and now this, hahahaha!… the jokes never ends at micro$haft :D

#21 11 months ago
  22. Malmer

@22 So now what seems to be a pretty good action game made for tablets and phones is a joke? Just because it isn’t on a platform or format you like doesn’t make it a joke. Grow up.

#22 11 months ago
  23. manamana

@redwood + legendary I reckon you haven’t played the amazing Kotor on the iPad then? It playes miles better than the controller/keyboard version. Or all Cave bullet-hell shooters? No? I wish I could un-invent biased oppinions …

#23 11 months ago
  24. Lengendaryboss

@Manamana
    I just find all touch screen uses either gimmicky or forced, usually both (I don’t even like it on PS Vita or DS, i just cope through it) , it does work well in some uses/scenarios. Our opinion isn’t biased its just our opinion or view on touch screen gaming, you don’t like it fine don’t use Redwood’s words for a cheap kick.

#24 11 months ago
  25. manamana

How can all touch screen uses be forced, when it’s the purpose of that device? Look, I agree that many games don’t match a touchscreen input. That doesn’t include *all* games. And especially software/apps apart from gaming. But yeah cheap kicks everywhere …

#25 11 months ago
  26. ps3fanboy

@23 all games made for tablets and phones is a joke, yes. they are micro-transaction infested crap made to suck your wallet dry. these games are not made with gaming as main focus in mind, that is the fact.

#26 11 months ago
  27. zme-ul

PC gaming not dead?!?
    MS: don’t worry guys, we’re gonna make a Windows game that doesn’t run on (all) PCs

#27 11 months ago
  28. manamana

@27 the only fact I can see here, is you beeing a excessive fanboy.

#28 11 months ago
  29. Malmer

@29 Nothing new there.

Being a fanboy isn’t negative by default though. One can be a positive fanboy that is hyped over things from favorite devs/platforms/etc in the appropriate comment threads. It is this constant bashing of things that one doesn’t like that just makes every thing so tiresome.

#29 11 months ago