Fable 1 HD remake teased by Lionhead, trailer inside

Tuesday, 4th June 2013 09:03 GMT By Dave Cook

Fable developer Lionhead Studios has just teased an HD remake of the original Xbox RPG. We’ve got the teaser clip here.

The team Tweeted out the below clip, which shows Fable’s villain Jack of Blades, along with tweets asking the studio if the original game will ever be remade. The messages also mention the Lost Chapter DLC and call the game ‘Fable Anniversary’. Note the Xbox 360 logo at the end of the clip.

What do you think? Would you like to play the original Fable again? Let us know below.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. Pytox

i’m currently playing it on full hd on pc? lol

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Yeah but HD remake implies, new textures, models etc.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

First Fable was the best Fable game. After that it was a complete clusterfuck.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Pytox

@2 just another way to get some more money again :/

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dave Cook

@4 Yeah but if you don’t like it don’t buy it man :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. wamp

@4 simply your decision :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. Tech-N9ne

@4 Of course to get more money. Why do game companies make games? duh.

#7 1 year ago
  8. KineticCalvaria

Wouldn’t mind this actually, never had chance to play Fable 1.

#8 1 year ago
  9. CyberMarco

I didn’t have the possibility to try it either, maybe they’ll release it on PC too.

#9 1 year ago
  10. heroes159

I played Fable 1 few months ago & i loved it.
    Sorry about the noob question.
    SO what does this mean?? DO we get Fable 1 with todays Graphics(better Graphics than Mass effect 3 ??

#10 1 year ago
  11. Christopher Jack

@3, I enjoyed 2, actually it was among my favourite X360 games, however 3 sucked in comparison. Was a decent game but too linear for my liking.

@10, Normally it means HD resolution bump, new textures, lighting/shadow effects & sometimes more polygons.

#11 1 year ago
  12. FrayJoker

I really don’t feel like the series is strong enough, or that Fable 1 was great enough the first time through, to really justify a remake. I get that Microsoft try to push it as their flagship fantasy rpg, but I’ve rarely seen people who love it, who don’t love a more in depth RPG more.

I guess the bottom line is that it’s sold enough to spawn a series.

#12 1 year ago
  13. viralshag

I’d definitely buy a remake. Fable 1 is easily one of my favourite games and while 2 and 3 lagged behind the first by a fair bit, I still had some enjoyment with them.

I think people (including me) often give the franchise too much of a hard time. For a console RPG, through 1 to 3, they tried to introduce new mechanics and gameplay that wasn’t often found on the consoles.

Quite often it didn’t work amazingly well but considering gamers harp on about innovation and bringing in new ideas, I often think the Fable games got the raw end of the stick from gamers.

#13 1 year ago
  14. fihar

Okay, why?
    Fable 1 was great, in it’s time. I don’t see any reason why you’d want to play Fable 1 instead of 2 or 3 except for the story.

It’s like doing an HD remake of Forza 1.

#14 1 year ago
  15. DocCylon

@14 Because since Fable 1, the (Fable) games have gotten progressively more simplistic. There’s only one Fable game worth playing and that is the original. 2 and 3 were gradually watered down rubbish.

Fable 1 HD remake? I’m down, as long as whatever updates to textures etc comes to PC as well.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Moonwalker1982

Oh for 360? I’m surprised.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Gheritt White

Fable: The Lost Chapters on Mac or PC is stilll the only fully realised vision of Fable to date, IMHO. A stellar game that everyone should experience, IMHO.

#17 1 year ago
  18. TheKeyPit

It should be on Xbox One, too. Would make perfect sense.

#18 1 year ago
  19. backup

kiddy game

#19 1 year ago
  20. OnionPowder

@14 You’d want to play it over 3 because 3 blows and 2 is only on Xbox whereas Fable 1 is on PC and is one of the best original xbox games. I replay it quite a bit and would love to play through it again in an HD remake.

#20 1 year ago
  21. fihar

I don’t know, I still find this unnecessary. 2 was pretty similar to 1, just bigger in scope.
    If you absolutely have to play 1, why not get the PC version? It’s not like there’s a shortage of those.

HD remasters was supposed to about games that was a console exclusive whose copies are pretty rare.

#21 1 year ago