God of War: Ascension owners can access the demo for The Last of Us today

Friday, 31st May 2013 18:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

When the PlayStation Store updates later this evening, those who purchased of God of War: Ascension will be able to access the demo for The Last of Us through the disc. According to the PS Blog, instructions for installation came with a voucher code, but if you have lost it, no worries: just insert your Ascension disc and navigate to the “Launch The Last of Us Demo” option on the main menu. Still need more information? Hit up the link. The Last of Us hits PS3 worldwide on June 14.

1. Beta

Nope. Error codes. Sony trying to fix now.

How can they not be prepared for this. They’ve had weeks!

Edit* The whole bloody ps store is offline!

#1 11 months ago
  2. KAP

Yea none stop errors… sigh!

#2 11 months ago
  3. KAP

Naughty Dog Tweeted:

“@Naughty_Dog: Once the PS Store goes online the #TheLastofUs demo will be available to owners of God of War: Ascension today:

#3 11 months ago
  4. Gekidami

Just got it, its apparently the very short Outskirts demo though.

#4 11 months ago
  5. KAP

It’s finally working. Filesize: 132MB – yea, I know right?

#5 11 months ago
  6. Gekidami

^ Its just a downloader, you install that, then it downloads the rest, its about a 10min DL for me. No idea how big that makes it overall.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Eregol

I feel sorry for the poor guys who have had to keep their God of War Ascension discs just to get early access to this demo.
    GoW: A is a dreadful game, and to force it’s continued presence on people is akin to torture.

Should have done it as a redeemable code.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Mike W

Stop being a drama queen, the game is far from dreadful, just because you didn’t/don’t like the game doesn’t mean other people didn’t.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Ireland Michael

@7 If you bought / kept a game solely to get your hands on a demo of another game… the problem isn’t with the game.

I’m not saying God of War is good (it isn’t) but that’s the equilevant of blaming a mountain for you crashing into it.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Beta

@7 Akin to torture? Are you sure you want to commit to that? :P

Anyway, there are far worse games. Like Aliens: Colonial Marines.. Or Desert Bus.

#10 11 months ago
  11. lexph3re

I had a blast with GoW and it is gracefully sitting in my collection along with collections, origins and gow3. I had a great time playing all of them.

As for this demo stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do with this demo…. I really don’t want to spoil myself but I watched some of eurogamers playthrough and have to see what it really looks like…. DAMNIT!

#11 11 months ago
  12. Mike W

Good for you, but you don’t have to clarify yourself to anyone (especially someone as simple-minded as #7 who probably doesn’t even have it, let alone played it) that you enjoy the game.

#12 11 months ago
  13. lexph3re

Well it was just for convo might as well show a 1% existed right? I really just added it to my original post for the last of us

#13 11 months ago
  14. Mike W

No worries, but you should try the demo anyway.

#14 11 months ago
  15. lexph3re

Crap… Okay… I’ll do it when I get home tonight from my Capstone

#15 11 months ago
  16. Eregol

Mike W: I played the game, I got up to the point I got the little time reversal stone, at which point the game irreversibly bugged on me. At that point I was already forcing myself to play a game I just was not enjoying.
    I loved the GoW series, 3 is easily the high point, I’ve played every game and I stick by my opinion that Ascension is the lowest point.

#16 11 months ago
  17. Clupula

@16 – There’s no way it’s worse than Chains of Olympus.

#17 11 months ago
  18. TheLastDodo

Can’t say I’m a big GOW fan, only played GOW3 and Ascension, enjoyed GOW3 but thought Ascension was just average. Slight improvement in graphics aside, everything in Ascension was a step down from 3 for me. Like Eregol, I felt like I was forcing myself to finish it or even just to play it, the longer it went on.

I’m sure it didn’t help that I’d just played Metal Gear Rising before, now that game was epic, nuts and fun :D

#18 11 months ago
  19. Clupula

@18 – Storywise, that must have been so weird to only play the beginning and end of a series, without playing any of the vital stuff in the middle. I mean GOW3 might as well be the second half of GOW2 for how little it actually advances the story other than to be a continuation of that one.

#19 11 months ago
  20. TheLastDodo

It was to an extent, but I wasn’t really into GOW for the story anyway, I felt I knew enough going in to both games from what I’d read online over the years to still be able to enjoy the GOW games for the setting and the boss fights and such. With Ascension, I think I was just already bored of the GOW formula. Out of everything I enjoyed the puzzles the most.

I think I’ve just reached that point where I’m fed up of games that take control away from you regularly then suddenly spring a QTE/waggle the stick sequence on you.

#20 11 months ago
  21. reask

Ha I gave a buddy a lend of gow ascension so I cant d/l the demo.
    I thought ascension was pk tbh.
    Didnt like the blocking or that infamous chapter 27 or 28.
    But an ok game imo.

#21 11 months ago
  22. Eregol

@Dodo Don’t let GoW:A colour your opinion of the series. GoW3 is the highlight, but missing out on 1&2 is the real meat.
    GoW2 still looks great even by today’s standards, it’s hard to believe it ran on last gen consoles.

@Clupula It’s definitely worse than Chains of Olympus. A game that started so badly I nearly gave up on it due to the demo. Thankfully I persisted and it ended up being enjoyable. It’s just that demo. Urgh.

#22 11 months ago
  23. Clupula

@22 – Chains of Olympus is the only game in the series I can honestly say I don’t like. I have yet to play Ascension, because a friend was supposed to get it for me as a late birthday gift, but since Last of Us is coming out, I had him switch it to a pre-order for that, instead.

I had a friend who played Chains of Olympus first, though, and she loved it, but I assume that’s because she hadn’t seen when the series gets REALLY good.

#23 11 months ago