Kevin Conroy not starring in Batman: Arkham Origins, but another Arkham game in the works

Tuesday, 21st May 2013 14:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Kevin Conroy will not be the voice of the Dark Knight in Batman: Arkham Origins, according to a tweet from the man himself. Apparently, there was some confusion over his inclusion in the game during Dallas Comic Con over the weekend.

During a Q&A at the event
, Conroy said he was he voice of Batman in a new Arkham game, but it’s not Arkham Origins because Roger Craig Smith, who voiced Assassin’s Creed’s Ezio Auditore will be supplying the voice.

To clear things up, Conroy took to Twitter stating: “Confusion in Dallas. I am in new Arkham game coming soon, not Arkham Origins coming this fall.”

His tweet was since deleted,
but not before Batman-News.com nabbed a screencap
of it.

We can only surmise that his deletion of the tweet was due to him stating something he wasn’t supposed to yet: another Batman game is in the works at Warner.

Like Eurogamer, we’re going to guess that said game will be out sometime next year and will be helmed by Rocksteady – unless it’s an entirely different Batman game from an entirely different studio at Warner.

Whatever the case may be, there’s at least another game starring Bruce Wayne’s alter ego in the works.

1. Beta

Next gen Batman by Rocksteady? ;)

#1 1 year ago
  2. OnionPowder

Good to know that Rocksteady is most likely sticking with the Batman IP, that they got Conroy to come back and that this new game will have their longest development time for any of the Batman games yet. Add all that up for a most likely next-gen Batman game and we have a winner :D.

#2 1 year ago
  3. NeoSquall

If Kevin “I AM BATMAN!” Conroy isn’t in Origins, then the game must be really fantastic to keep me interested.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Kieran

must be a sequel to arkham city then if their looking for younger voice for origins :)

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

@3: Because you’d rather play games like Batman Beyond for the PS1/N64 if it had Conroy then play an Arkham title without him, right? :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. The_Red

And thus Batman entered the annualized studio switching games a la Assassin’s Creed and COD and NFS and…

Odd years: Warner Montreal
    Even years: Rocksteady

#6 1 year ago
  7. Bill_E_Talent

@6 Yeah, that’s my take on it as well. That is going to lead to IP fatigue, no doubt about it. Every 2-2 1/2 years was fine by me, its kind of nice to have different IP’s to look forward to each year. Oh well…

#7 1 year ago
  8. redwood

getting a bit tired of batman..

#8 1 year ago
  9. OnionPowder

I’ve had an obsession with batman since I was a child so too many games isn’t something I’m too worried about.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Takeshi

HUGE fan of the series so far. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are part of my top 25 of best games ever.

I don’t have fatigue of the franchise yet just because of how innovating each entry is. It’d be sad to see it go the Assassin’s Creed way though.

But Arkham Origins looks damn interesting and Rocksteady making another game for next-gen can only mean I’ll get to feel like a kid on Christmas again. :D

#10 1 year ago