EA to reveal next UFC title tomorrow

Monday, 20th May 2013 21:51 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Electronic Arts will reveal the first details of its Ultimate Fighting Championship game tomorrow, the same day when Microsoft’s holding its next-gen Xbox event, the company announced.

The news came in the form of an image posted on the EA Sports official UFC Twitter account and Facebook page that read “First news: May 21.”

The publisher bought the UFC license from the now defunct THQ during E3 last year and had signed an exclusive multi-year contract with UFC to make video games based on the popular sport.

The game is being developed by EA Canada, which also develops the Fight Night boxing game series. EA earlier revealed that the next UFC game will not see the light of the day before April 2014.

It’s likely that EA is going to debut the game during Microsoft’s next-gen Xbox event tomorrow, having already confirmed that it’s going to unveil the next edition of Fifa during the event.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. SameeR_Fisher

So EA & MS are really in bed together.

I wonder if MS will show any first part games.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Debabrata Nath

@Sameer – They are going to show a new Forza I think, not sure what other tricks it has up its sleeve though. I can sense a new Halo coming too. We’ll see.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Beta

Has Microsoft been flashing the cash at EA?.. ;P

In any case, while they may have secured the reveals I just can’t see licensed titles like Fifa and UFC being exclusive. Could be wrong though.

#3 1 year ago
  4. SameeR_Fisher

@Debabrata: yeah Forza, totally forgot about it, as for Halo, it may be quick, but I too see it in the cards, if it is a launch titles that would be crazy, the 3 FPS titans launching in the same year BF4, CoD:Ghosts, and Halo 5.

I hope they show at least 3 first party titles, that is the most important thing, oh and also if always online true or not.

#4 1 year ago
  5. salarta

OH BOY, I CAN’T WAIT TO BOMB SOME DODONGOS.

That’s what you do in UFC games, right?

#5 1 year ago
  6. fearmonkey

I hope MS has something special other than Call of Duty, Forza, and UFC as launch titles…… None of those interest me…

#6 1 year ago
  7. Beta

@6 Agreed, I don’t play sports games and I don’t play Call of Duty.

I’d love some new ip from Microsoft. Hoping they don’t fall back on just sequels and/or prequels.

#7 1 year ago
  8. The_Red

EA and MS, a tale of two lovers.

#8 1 year ago