Sony has “some intriguing game announcements” planned this week

Tuesday, 7th May 2013 00:37 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony is teasing some interesting news over the next week.

“We’ve a busy week in the offing, with some intriguing game announcements planned,” EU PlayStation blog manager Fred Dutton wrote in his regular weekly recap column.

The US blog made no such promises.

Although the mind naturally springs to thoughts of the PlayStation 4 – or, perhaps, some Vita news – the paragraph before makes mention of several “announcements” the team made during the previous week. These included the new Watch Dogs developer diary and a behind-the-scenes look at Diggs Nightcrawler, so don’t get too excited.

At least we’re guaranteed to get some news out of Sony at E3 2013; the PlayStation 4 is due in the holiday season, so we should get a better idea of date, price and details in June.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Erthazus

“On the other hand, if we’re going to indulge in wild speculation it’s surely time we heard something about The Last Guardian.”

Not a chance. E3 or TGS at best.

2. DrDamn

GT6 surely.

Sony has used pre E3 announcements over the last couple of years for big games. They like to spread the big titles out and avoid the news blitz of E3.

3. BLD

@1 Sony in the past already announced games before E3, like LBP2 and infamous 2….so maybe GT6?

@2 just a second lol

4. Erthazus

hahah… Imagine Sony announce something May 21 when Next Xbox is revealed. :D

5. theevilaires

^ Of course they will. trust me they will bust Microsoft bubble that day. They are just pretty much telling everyone about it now. SONY has total advantage from here on out.

6. mkotechno

Gran Turismo 6 launch title, please $deity.

7. Rosseu

Don’t forget Final Fantasy 15 (Versus)

8. redwood

the last guardian please.. I would kiss kaz for it

9. Dragon246

Well, people shouldn’t get too excited. Fred has said this earlier too, and Sony isn’t stupid enough to release info about megaton releases on blog, rather than wait for E3.

10. redwood

the kiss offer still stands kaz!

11. tezzer1985

Looks like we are going to be in for a news packed May & June…I give credit to Sony, for officially starting the next gen coverage.

I also hear Bethesda have another game reveal this week or next.

12. monkeygourmet

I’m imagining a big ass console, were talking the Foreman XL here.

13. Lengendaryboss

I Want Syphon Filter to return, No? No more Gabe Logan Adventures? Sad face :(
    On a serious note i really hope Sony focuses on PS Vita because there is now only 1 game for the entire year i plan to buy for it, plently of events to focus on PS4,PS3 And PS Vita.
    My thoughts is GT6 For PS3 plus PS Vita with all the cross-lovilies. Others game reveals can’t be too huge before E3.

14. Dragon246

@LB,
    For Vita, I think Gamescom and TGS are the best place to announce games, not an NA show like E3, since handhelds sell the least in NA.

And *spoilers*-

I really want to know what happened to Gabe, especially after the ending in Logans Shadow, one of the best PSP games of all time imo.

15. Lengendaryboss

@Dragon
    I would like focus to be somewhere where its mostly needed.

16. mithrandir

While I think people (and by people I mean website writers) read far too much into a casual comment by Fred Dutton on the blog, (hey, those sites need news, right??) there is at least one announcement due this week: PS Plus game releases for June, when PS Plus celebrates its anniversary!

17. Djoenz

@16 +100!

18. DrDamn

@MG
    “It would honestly surprise me if they had figured out how to get the PS4 crammed into its case and settled on a look yet.”

Why?

19. tenthousandgothsonacid

I think it’s Minecraft which has just finished it’s exclusivity on the xbox360.