Remember Me developer video discusses its central theme

Thursday, 2nd May 2013 16:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Remember Me has a new video available in which creative director Jean-Maxime Moris discusses the game’s central theme: memories. Watch below. Remember Me releases on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the US on June 4, and across Europe on June 7.

1. stlthriot

I’m really excited for this game! Great game world and setting and the music is unique and amazing as well! :)

I just hope it doesn’t mean the end for Dontnod… seeing how new IPs have been dying lately, or even established franchises for that matter. :\

2. salarta

Didn’t get to listen to it, but definitely excited for the game! While I still don’t think Capcom deserves money, I’m willing to set that aside to serve a greater purpose. Hopefully this game does well, we badly need a return of characters in the vein of what it looks like she will be.

@1: Sadly, consumers are pouring money into games geared toward ruining old franchises rather than into games about building fresh new ones. We’ll just keep getting more like that as consumers decide to skip great games in favor of bad ones.

3. BD

Capcom deserves money for betting on this game.

They could have made some other repetitive trash instead.

I really hope the game’s quality holds up.

4. stlthriot

@2: Yes, I completely agree… I try to be very open minded to games, although, it’s hurting my bank account, lol. But yeah, gamers gear the direction of developers and sadly they are wanting more CoD… :\

5. Clupula

Honestly, this game does nothing for me. I’ve seen two gameplay trailers and neither did anything to get me interested in this game, at all.

6. zinc

Oh dear, is this rather generic offering, really being held up as the great white hope for the gaming snobs?

All because of a nice soundtrack & a female lead?

Pitiful.

7. Clupula

@6 -Nah, I’d probably qualify as a gaming snob and this just looks bland to me. I didn’t pay attention to the soundtrack, I was too busy being bored by the gameplay and the rather generic lead character. I love the idea of female main characters, but there’s nothing that grabs me about her. Faith from Mirror’s Edge…great lead character. Unique look. Personality just from the few seconds you’d see her in cutscenes. This one? Meh. Nothing.

8. Mjorh

Ain’t look such a good one 2 me , hope i’m wrong but i can’t really see sth unique or absorbing …

9. YoungZer0

Apart from the environmental design, nothing about this game looks interesting. The character-design looks insanely bland and doesn’t seem to fit the overall aesthetics of the environments and the story doesn’t seem to be interesting at all.

Memory sharing gets to become the new thing? Absurd.
    Addictive to memories? Absurd.
    Addiction turns you into a mutant? Absurd.
    Bland main character has amnesia? BORING AS FUCK!

I’d rather play a new Reboot with a strong female lead.