Splinter Cell Blacklist stealth gameplay trailer shows Sam being sneaky

Monday, 15th April 2013 08:05 GMT By Dave Cook

Splinter Cell Blacklist has received a stealth gameplay trailer showing Sam Fisher being all sneaky and such. It comes ahead of the game’s August 20 release on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.

Meanwhile, you can also see an unboxing of the game’s ’5th Freedom’ special edition here, as well as a long gameplay demo showing three every distinct styles of play. Which would you choose?

1. mathare92

Generic foreign terrorists premise, check.

This series could do with some sort of nonsensical, batshit, but highly interesting narrative update. Bring some of the Kojima charm into Sam Fisher’s life.

2. YoungZer0

I want to see some Coop gameplay already. The singleplayer is already dead to me.

Edit: Okay, so I did watch the trailer. Terrible pacing, Sna- oh, sorry Sam looks younger than ever and the voiceactor still sounds as generic as humanly possible. Fan-fucking-tastic.

@2: Please don’t. No La-Le-Lu-Le-Lo Nanomachines in Tom Clancy games. The only bad guys I care about right now are “The Patriots” in the new Rainbow Six. Those guys are actually interesting. They have a motivation you can get behind and have not seen so many times. Punishment for their own government. Isn’t that exciting?

3. xxJPRACERxx

I had no interest in the game before but after watching some of the latest teasers/trailers I’m beginning to get interested again. I’ll surely check their e3 videos. Sad about Ironside but the new actor is “ok” and fit well with Sam’s new face.

4. Max Payne

stalk , strike , silence .
    : are you fucking kidding me:

5. CaptPierce

@1 Well, to be fair, the main antagonists in the previous game, Conviction, were Americans, and that plot was actually kind of interesting, despite how straightforward it was. As for Kojima charm, things that work in that universe wouldn’t do so much here. We don’t need Sam hopping around in his undies if he gets tortured or cyborg ninjas. :|