Xbox SmartGlass app updated for Android devices

Friday, 12th April 2013 20:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has updated its Xbox SmartGlass app on Android devices with support for 10-inch tablets, an activity browser link, expanded messaging, an awake state, and a more streamlined design. Hit it up on the XBL Marketplace. Via Major Nelson.

1. theevilaires

Is this thing doing well I don’t know anyone who uses it seriously. No not trolling either I just don’t get it.

2. Francis O

No it’s not doing well, I don’t know a single person who has a Xbox 360 that uses it. It was a very weak attempt to copy Nintendo and Sony’s Wii U and PS Vita/PS3 cross play.

I’m sorry, there are no buttons on most tablets, developers are ignoring smartglass altogether.

3. theevilaires

They should stop being so cheap then and put their money where their mouth is and come out with a handheld. Since they think they’re the best game machine out because of U.S. sales every month.

Gotta give SONY and Nintendo respect. they have multiple devices out there in the market for gaming and all these losers have is that cheaply made 360 and they have the nerve to brag every fucking month about NPD numbers.

Smart Glass really??? Who came up with that dumb name anyway. People who favor this company over SONY and Nintendo are dumb.

4. Maguire82

You doughnuts smart glass is a handy app, and theres plenty you can do with it. And its not hand heald gaming its for interacting with your 360. I had the ps3 app, now that was a pile of crap. And the funny thing is ladys Sony have already announced there doing the same thing. Check it out you bumb ass’s before you tap away.

5. Samoan Spider

@4 I quite agree. There are people that would slate it just because of the platform it was for.
    Sad really because I used it for a few things and it was pretty good. I’ve got no 360 now (or ps3) so the update isn’t relevant but you can’t knock it because it has excellent potential.
    Oh, and just for balance, I’ve checked the Play store and it says 1000000+ downloads. But it’s a 4* app with 14000 responses so can’t be that bad or that unpopular!

6. viralshag

I often use it when I’m doing non-gaming things like watching films and such on the 360. I have it installed on my S3 and iPad and if I remember correctly it’s free, so why not use it?

7. monkeygourmet

Zune

8. digmouse

It’s handy when you need it, like searching or sending message using the keyboard, and it’s mostly well designed, if you don’t like it you can simply ignore it, it won’t hurt anybody, I don’t get the flame.

9. AmeriToast

I use it, if my batteries are running low or I cant remember where I put the controller I pop out my phone and use it to watch netflix or hulu. So I actually find it useful, you might not but I do.