Tomb Raider 1939 multiplayer map pack now available, Shipwrecked map pack hits in May

Tuesday, 2nd April 2013 15:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The 1939 Multiplayer Map Pack for Tomb Raider is now available on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Additionally, all launch exclusive downloadable content is now available through PSN and Steam. The content features “a range of weapons packs and multiplayer characters, including the cunning Scavenger Scout and Hitman: Absolution themed weapons.”

The Caves and Cliffs multiplayer map pack will arrive in PC and PS3 in mid-April. It’s out now on Xbox 360.

The Shipwrecked map pack will be available across all platforms from early May and includes: two new maps РLost Fleet: A massive beached ship serves as a dangerous battleground filled with twists, turns, and traps; Himiko’s Cradle: Danger lurks around every corner in this mountain top shrine. The area is sacred to the scavengers and will be your final resting place if you are not careful.

A refresher trailer and screens if today’s pack are below.

1. SplatteredHouse

1939? Too late to be the Maria Doria, then. Too bad. :(

#1 1 year ago
  2. Triggerhappy

OK slightly off topic here… Anyone finding this game a bit too linear?? I’m really enjoying it so far… just got to the bit where you pop your head up from out of the pool of blood then there’s all that yellow gas (tried to make that as spoiler free as possible lol), but I feel the games been a bit of a corridor so far, a very good corridor, but I expected it to be a bit more open, y’know being a Tomb Raider game and all…

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

i will just wait a year for the goty version with all the season pass offering on the disc…

#3 1 year ago
  4. Djoenz

Embrace solely the SP and dont bother with MP nor MP DLC. In other words buy it now :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. viralshag

@2, I really enjoyed that scene and I thought it had a good balance of linearity and open world. I thought the story pushed you along to the new areas at a good pace and often with a good introduction.

By the time I finished and went back to 100% the areas I was kinda glad it wasn’t bigger or more open than it was. I thought the actual tombs were a little disappointing though.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ps3fanboy

i am not embracing anything, in fact i am gonna wait a year before a buy for every released game for now. i’m tired of buying unfinished games that need to be patched and being split up as dlc. wait a year you get a working game with all content at half the price… that is what i am gonna do.

#6 1 year ago