Pitchford “really excited” over PS4, Wii U release of Aliens: Colonial Marines up to SEGA

Saturday, 23rd March 2013 15:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford is “really excited” over PS4 and “other things” he can’t talk about yet.

Speaking at PAX East, Pitchford said when it comes to PS4, he “always loves more power,” and it was “really exciting for them to invite us to the process.”

Pitchford said Sony “listened” to what developers wanted which in turn made the “platform better.”

As far as other platforms coming were concerned, he never mentioned the next Xbox console by name, but said instead: “I’m excited about some other things, too, that I can’t talk about yet.”

But what about the long-awaited Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines? SEGA has said the game is without a release date at present, and when asked about it’s impending release by Gamespot, Picthford told the site that while he sees the game “regularly,” it would have to ask SEGA about the title’s release.

“That’s not our call. I think [Demiurge Studios] did amazing work,” he said. “I think it’s really cool, but SEGA’s got to figure that out. We’re doing the best we can.”

Earlier in February it was rumored that the Wii U version of Alines: Colonial Marines had been postponed indefinitely. SEGA said the rumor wasn’t true.

1. Lewis247

What the does he mean up to SEGA? Back when the game was looking (deceptively) epic, one of the trailers he kept going on about how the WIIU version was the best version out the lot.. Then the whole shit storm happened.

Never has a game made me so angry, I was looking forward to it so bad.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

@1 What you heard what a load of PR/Marketing Crap, The Wii U version is most likely scrapped to save them the embarrassment of having it grace their platform and/or to save costs.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dragon246

@2,
    If I would have said what you have just now…..
    Imagine :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. monkeygourmet

Bad game is bad game.

This must be the biggest letdowns of this year and has ruined Gearbox’s rep for me.

Randy should have just kept his mouth shut r.e the Wii U version. But, by saying it was the best then not releasing it is just bullshit.

Criterion have proved if you actually bother to try, you can do a good, if not better port to Wii U.

Nice shit stirring, you have really got that locked down

#4 1 year ago
  5. Max Payne

Maybe Nintendo pay them NOT to release it :D

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dark

He is excited to see who he can screw over next.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Hirmetrium

He could of at least said sorry about Aliens Colonial marines. Instead we get more lies.

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

Exactly, this whole thing was shady to say the least.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Bashtee

The last good games were Opposing Force and Blue Shift. Didn’t play Brothers in Arms though.

#9 1 year ago
  10. SplatteredHouse

Wow, that guy opened his mouth again? Sod Pitchford. I had a much longer post set, venting on my view of that, but it really isn’t worth it. Nor your time to read it.
    Pitchford spake, and there was untruth.

#10 1 year ago
  11. TD_Monstrous69

OK, I didn’t see what exactly made Aliens: Colonial Marines look good from the start, and yes, I’m including the demo that Gearbox had back at E3 last year. Even then, it just looked like a tired FPS with pretty graphics (which even then, weren’t that impressive, but still a leap from the final game quality-wise). I’m interested to see what Gearbox does come next-generation. I hope they become less of a hit-and-miss developer as they’ve been this gen.

#11 1 year ago
  12. yeoung

Gearbox will get back on my radar with a new IP, Borderlands I and II were quite fun, but not to the point where I’d buy another.

Here’s to hoping they’ll do a platformer-RPG hybrid next. A fool’s hope maybe, but hope nonetheless

#12 1 year ago