Tomb Raider: no plans for single-player DLC, says dev

Wednesday, 20th March 2013 11:09 GMT By Dave Cook

Tomb Raider’s DLC slate will focus entirely on multiplayer, Crystal Dynamics global brand manager Karl Stewart has said.

Speaking as part if of a Reddit ‘Ask Me Anything’, Stewart said, “There are currently no plans in place for any single player expansions. All of our DLC is based around the multiplayer experience for now.”

It comes as the first multiplayer DLC ‘Cliffs and Caves’ hits Xbox Live. We’ve got a full run-down of what to expect from the pack here.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. Djoenz

That sucks..

#1 1 year ago
  2. SyNx153

but who the hell cares about the shiti MP ?!

#2 1 year ago
  3. anik_lc

Good to see that Crystal Dynamics concentrated on the sequel and put their all innovative effort on TR 10. Hopefully there will be more tombs and hard puzzles this time as they also mentioned harder challenges for experienced Lara Croft.

#3 1 year ago
  4. anik_lc

I think the sequel will be released on Fall 2014. The 2013 Tomb Raider hits Alpha in January 2012, they said in a podcast(in January 20, 2012) that the majority of the developer moved to other project. So I guess the sequel starts production at that time and probably coming Fall 2014.

I wish they cut the Multiplayer part in the sequel and put single player co-op mode instead.

#4 1 year ago
  5. loveaya

I play only Cry For Help which is the only interesting mode on MP.

#5 1 year ago
  6. PEYJ

Lara works alone, just like Hitman. It would come off odd if you can play as someone else while looking at Lara on the cliff ahead of you.

#6 1 year ago
  7. anik_lc

Okay then, scratch the Co-op mode too, and do something like Hitman: Contracts. ;)

#7 1 year ago
  8. ps3fanboy

i think i will just wait for the goty edition that will arrive next year with all the dlc. it also will cost me half the price of the day one release game price. its a win win, i only need patience and that i got plenty of.

#8 1 year ago
  9. allftw

@8 I doubt there will be anyone left playing the multiplayer modes in a few months. And since they’re not releasing any sp dlc I’d say either buy it or rent it now. No point in waiting.

#9 1 year ago
  10. mreko3230

Got all the single player achievement and traded my copy in. MP was never on my radar with this game (and not on a lot of other people from what I can tell) and to keep investing money in it seems silly.

#10 1 year ago
  11. osric90

Man, I wish they didn’t include that MP, feels like a great cake with a little piece of poo on the side. If they’d took the energy they put into the MP and put it into the SP, some little details here and there wouldn’t have been present and this could have been a really, really leaning to perfect game.

#11 1 year ago