Batman Arkham 3 reveal hinted by Facebook edit

Friday, 8th March 2013 11:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Batman Arkham 3 could be on track for a reveal soon, as suggested by Warner’s recent tinkering with the series’ Facebook page.

Spotted by the ArkhamCity.co.uk fan group, Warner has this week removed its Batman: Arkham Asylum Facebook page, and has renamed the Batman: Arkham City page.

It’s now simply called ‘Batman: Arkham’, suggesting either a merge of both games into one group, or it could be preparation for the oft-rumoured third game in the series.

Last month Warner Bros. confirmed during an investor call that the next ‘Batman: Arkham’ title would be revealed within 2-3 months, and stated that it would launch this year. See our report on the announcement here.

Then, LinkedIn CVs suggested that Canadian studio Warner Bros. Montreal was developing the game, which fell in line with rumours that Rocksteady Studios would not be developing the next game in the series.

What do you think of the above? What would you like to see from a new Batman: Arkham title? Let us know below.

1. Hellhound30x

Rock steady isn’t making the next batman game? Oh, “F” that… totally not buying it.

2. Beta

I’m nervous about this, primarily because it may be a different dev.

3. Moonwalker1982

But what about that Silver Age Batman, Rocksteady still on that?

4. LuLshuck

if rocksteady can copy and paste the same gameplay to arkham city then i doubt another couldnt do the same, anyways yous are judging a game before you even see it wrf

5. Gnosis

Get the popcorn guys. This might get very interesting very soon.

6. SameeR_Fisher

As long as it is not the ‘Silver Age’ sage, I will be happy, though Rocksteady and the original writer is kinda worrying, Also what games did WB Montreal work on ?!, or is this their first ?!

Anyway I hope that Arkham World or Gotham City or whatever its name will be, will take place in a Gotham City, continue on the cliffhangers of Arkham City, the free flow combat is amazing but more freedom and more combos would be great, fix the use of equipment issue, make a great story that is 22hrs long, and great side quests like Arkham City, damn now I feel like I have to go back to play Arkham City again.

7. Hellhound30x

Wow, things are not looking good… So Paul Dini wont be writing this next installment of Batman? Rocksteady isn’t making it. Mark Hamill said he wouldn’t reprise his role as the Joker after Arkham City… damn…
    not good… not good…

8. hypeb147

As long as the campaign is a little bit longer and the combat remains mostly the same, I’m in.

9. Samoan Spider

^This

If they can keep that perfect combat balance, I’m sold. That feeling of never quite being all powerful was what I enjoyed the most. You took an absolute caning from the goons if you took on too many but that moment when you took down 20-30 in one fight was amazing.

10. Edo

@6 Couldn’t say it better,can’t wait to see what they have have in store for us.

11. ZANIACK

Fingers crossed for a prequel and/or a new dev. Rocksteady needed their Batman pass revoked after tarnishing the franchise with Arkham Shitty… I mean Arkham Gimmicky… I mean Arkham Asylum diluted… I mean Arkham City. Anyway, I’m just yearning for the next game to rekindle the essence of Arkham Asylum, we need more than one veritably great Batman video game.

12. Vice

I really REALLY hope it’s not a prequel and I really REALLY hope Joker will be back.
    Also I really REALLY hope it won’t include multiplayer or co-op shit; too many games been ruined already by it lately.
    Also hoping for a longer campaign this time and for much bigger Two-Face role. Catwoman would better be there as well, also again playable.

13. Luffy25

According to the same website there are 2 games being developed right now….it’s just speculation on their part but it seems legit….WB Montreal is doing the Arkham sequel while Rocksteady is doing the Arkham prequel

Arkhamcity.co.uk was renamed Arkhamverse

#13 1 year ago
  14. Edo

@13 Thanks for that :),and it would be awesome if Christopher Drake is on board for the soundtrack since he did a fantastic job on Under the Red Hood, Year One and both parts of The Dark Knight Returns.

#14 1 year ago
  15. DarkElfa

This kind of moves reminds me of when actors abandon money making titles for a small artsy project or Broadway play.

“I must renew my inner creative spirit….”

I’m like “Mother-fucker, if you’re getting both fame and fortune, the two things you come to Hollywood for? then stick with the plan!”

Likewise this time, Rocksteady, you got into this business to make money and games. With Arkham you’re doing both, stop trying to do something creative and new. You’re the Arkham guys, smile, get back into your Lamborghini and drive back to work.

#15 1 year ago