Tomb Raider: new movie to be based on game reboot

Tuesday, 5th March 2013 10:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Tomb Raider is to get a new movie courtesy of GK Films. The flick will be based on Crystal Dyanmics’ reboot, and the studio will also have a hand in the film’s production.

Speaking with Variety, Crystal Dynamics head Darrell Gallagher confirmed that a movie reboot is on the way.

Confirming that GK Films and Crystal Dynamics were collaborating on the project, Gallagher said, “They are working from this new take that we’ve given them. It’s a good partnership. We’re seeing the challenges through the same lens. It was important for both of us to have a cohesive version of the franchise. We didn’t want to see a film version that was a continuation of the old ‘Tomb Raider’ films.”

Do you think this a is a good step? What would you like to see from a new Tomb Raider movie? Let us know below.

Thanks CVG.

1. heroes159

Oh man. they should leave this game alone. plz dont fuck it up

#1 1 year ago
  2. Fin

Sweet. Wonder if JASON STATHAM will play Lara. I’d watch it for sure if he did.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Red Demon

@1 I agree with you I want them to leave this extraordinary game alone, I like it. If they do go ahead and make it a movie, I hope they don’t fuck it up. For example I hate the Resident Evil movies because they are not like the games. Don’t get me wrong, Jill and Ada in the movie are hot, but they need to remake the whole movies again, the right way, either way I have to watch it because I’m always curious on how it turns out. :P

#3 1 year ago
  4. Arkorvo

Hopefully they pick someone for their acting skills this time rather than cup size!

#4 1 year ago
  5. salarta

Eww.

Well, at least when it goes to film there will be a wider audience to see what they’ve done to the character, and that will likely lead to a greater chance at backlash. I suspect most people outside of regular gamers (which do number in the millions) don’t really give a damn about this reboot, whereas there are many many more that would notice a film. I expect that unlike reaction to the game, people will complain about the version of “humanizing” that has been forced on the character after having already gotten to know her as a badass.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Sadismek

@2 “I hate tombs. KAPOW!” – Jason Statham

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dave Cook

@6 I actually read that while imagining his voice. It would be amazing.

‘I BLOODAY ‘ATE TOMBS ME!”

#7 1 year ago
  8. Sadismek

@7 Haha, that’s exactly how he speaks! :D

#8 1 year ago
  9. Gheritt White

@5: Oh seriously, just FUCK OFF now. You’re boring and you should feel boring. Wishing for a backlash from mainstream movie goers? Just how sad and pathetic are you?

Very, evidently.

#9 1 year ago
  10. MadFingerz

Make “zee Germans” the villains and we are onto something great here :P

#10 1 year ago
  11. salarta

@9: Can’t hear you over “Lara’s” armpit hair physics. :D That or “Lara’s” mix of scared sobs and bloodlust screams, I can’t figure out which.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Gnosis

@9: Stopped reading his comments weeks ago. Aside from the obvious “mimimimimi!!”, it’s not hard to guess what’s it’s all about, since he basically just copy/pastes the same post over and over again.
    Don’t feed the troll.

#12 1 year ago
  13. salarta

@12: Copy/pasting involves literally copying and pasting the same remarks, whereas I actually write out every comment I make. And I also see you’re down to labeling someone with an opinion you don’t like as a “troll” as if someone repeatedly stating a dissenting and strongly held view is anywhere near the same league as someone that purposely incites anger for personal kicks.

But hey, what can I expect, this is the current generation, and this is how the current generation behaves. Someone says something you don’t like enough times, call them a troll and wish they were dead. Everything needs to be “redefined” for the current culture because who gives a shit about respecting the past in any way.

#13 1 year ago
  14. tmac2011

lol angelina jolie is to old thank God

#14 1 year ago
  15. Gnosis

@14: Lol yeah, and as long as they don’t take Megan Fox, I’m fine with everything. That chick is just… gosh.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Dark

Personally i would love to see camilla luddington play as lara.

#16 1 year ago
  17. YoungZer0

#17 1 year ago
  18. OrbitMonkey

The definitive Lara…

#18 1 year ago
  19. osric90

Always. Why to ruin such a good thing by releasing another lame movie?

#19 1 year ago
  20. Rafa_L

I don’t know how I feel about it, I actually enjoyed the Angelina movies. I agree with a reboot for the movies also, but it’s too soon, let the new Lara develop a little more, we’ve only seen her first adventure, I don’t know the general tone the franchise will have. Survival horror will not work for other adventures.

#20 1 year ago