Okami 2: Platinum Games wants you to ask Capcom for a sequel

Tuesday, 5th March 2013 09:36 GMT By Dave Cook

Okami was originally developed by Clover Studios, whichlargely went on to become Platinum Games. Now you know the history, Platinum head Hideki Kamiya is now asking fans to poll Capcom to make Okami 2 a reality.

The license rests with Capcom, so Okami 2 would very much be their decision. However, when a fan asked Kamiya about the possibility of a sequel on Twitter, he had this to say:

Would you like to see this happen?

While critically acclaimed, both Okami and its sequel Okamiden both didn’t set western sales on fire. Would Okami 2 be justified? Let us know what you think below.

Thanks Nintendo Life.

1. Ali

Not a fan of this cocky designer nor his studio…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Zana

If you start writing about everythinh Kamiya says, I guess you can make a new website entirely devoted to him!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

@1 I am fan of studio because of MGRR but like you i don’t like this guy.

#3 1 year ago
  4. XmaimaiX

BREAKING NEWS: Platinum Games wants you to ask your Mom about a new Devil May Cry.

Is this news serious? Really? If so, please resign your job. Ask Capcom, Ninti or your Mom are his standarts answers, when he A. can’t really say or do anything or B. just doesn’t care or wants you to fuck off.

Disgusing this as a serious news dequalifies you as a journalist. You either put this up willingly knowing it is the typical BS Kamiya posts or are retarded enough to take him serious when a third of his posts are like this.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ali

@4 Man it would be so broing if it was : “Platinum games are interested in making a new Okami , but its all under Capcom’s control”
    Dave just wanted to take a different approach in reporting that. Afterall,
    The series has some fans wanting to see what will happen next.

#5 1 year ago
  6. viralshag

I know this is a news site but some of you people, I’m looking at you #4, need to seriously lighten the fuck up.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dave Cook

@4 chill out. The news is that he’s interested in making Okami 2.

And I really have nothing more to add. It is news to fans of the series. If you don’t like it don’t read it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. KrazyKraut

Dear Capcom,
    Okami 2…can we haz it? Plz?
    Wii U is the best platform for the game.

#8 1 year ago
  9. sb319

@7 I don’t think he is.

That’s his standard response to anyone asking him to make a sequel to a game that isn’t owned by Platinum. He’s effectively saying “ask the people who own it for a sequel, it has nothing to do with me”.

It’s a bit of a leap to take that two word response and reach the conclusion that the company Platinum Games is interested in making a sequel to Okami, and is asking fans to contact Capcom about it. That’s simply not the case.

#9 1 year ago
  10. loveaya

Balotelli: Why always WIIU?

#10 1 year ago
  11. OmegaSlayer

Seriously Dave, Kamiya is a real troll, more than often.
    I think this is trolling, if the twit would have been from Inaba I would have believed it.
    For now, let’s hope Platinum games tries to buy the Darksider IP.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Zeydlitz

WII U, really? It’s best way to kill the game.

#12 1 year ago
  13. shogunknight

@8 If they dare release that game on Wii U only, the game will officially be dead on arrival. They better not make it exclusive to any platform in the first place

#13 1 year ago
  14. Telepathic.Geometry

Okami 2? Yes, fuckin’ PLEASE!

#14 1 year ago
  15. Stoopid_Snot

If Clover studios gonna make it I would love it… oh wait, didn’t Capcom closed them down due to poor sales of Okami?

Capcom even removed Clover from the first credits in the HD version…

#15 1 year ago
  16. Gnosis

As long as it’s not made by Clover… No, tnx.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Clupula

I would love a sequel to Okami 2, but as others have said in a bit of a harsher manner, this isn’t him wanting us to bother Capcom. This is his default answer when he wants people to not bother him about ips he doesn’t own.

And for the Wii U? Jesus Christ, what a way to run it into the ground. Although that would put the Wii U games I was interested in at a whopping 3. Only 17 to go from there.

#17 1 year ago
  18. ps3fanboy

Release the Okami2 for a dying platform Wii U?… i just hope that never happen.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Hellhound30x

I’m game, where do I sign? or petition… or anything really….

#19 1 year ago
  20. mathare92

Okami 2? What, where?! Who do I have to kill to make this happen?

:P

#20 1 year ago
  21. kirby2567

“Zeldaprime” needs to take a goddamn grammar class. i can barely make out what he wants.

is it “the wii u is a perfect platform for a game like okami on account of it’s touchscreen gamepad, you should make okami 2″? why would he ask platinum? they don’t own the IP. seems like some 14 year old got his first twitter account.

not to mention “Platinum head Hideki Kamiya is now asking fans to poll Capcom to make Okami 2 a reality.” no, that’s his (polite) way of saying “it’s out of my hands, don’t bother me with this.” i mean, good lord, in what world does “platinum games” sound like “capcom”?

#21 1 year ago