Tue, Feb 26, 2013 | 21:21 GMT
DDO: Shadowfell Conspiracy to launch this summer
Warner and Turbine have announced Shadowfell Conspiracy, the second expansion to Dungeons & Dragons Online, will release this summer.
Set in the Forgotten Realms, the free-to-play MMO will be getting an increased level cap, new Iconic Heroes and plenty more.
Here’s what’s coming:
- Two New Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs — Featuring new wilderness areas with new D&D monsters, dangerous encounters and challenging dungeons.
- Wheloon: Horrors from the Shadowfell pour into the prison city where Netherese agents conspire to forge an army out of the Kingdom’s enemies. Players will masquerade as a traitor to infiltrate the Prison City to out the agents, and fight loads of monster.
- Stormhorns: Deep in the Stormhorn Mountains, the Netherese Empire is preparing a secret weapon to use against the Kingdom of Cormyr. Players will need to make it through the griffon laden territory and deal with harpy ambushes along with giants and other creatures.
- Iconic Heroes: New prestige characters that start in Forgotten Realms at level 15 and feature unique looks and skills. Each of these classic D&D characters are a paragon of their race and class and feature custom gear, appearance options and new abilities.
- Level 28: Player will gain new epic feats and spells through three new Epic levels of advancement.
“Last year we expanded the world of DDO into the Forgotten Realms universe with the launch of our first expansion,” said Erik Boyer, DDO senior producer. “This year we’re introducing more content and making it even easier to experience the latest content with the introduction of Iconic Heroes that begin at level 15, allowing players to jump right into the action.”
Expect it to launch this summer.