Dirty Bomb enters closed alpha, here’s a trailer for it

Wednesday, 30th January 2013 17:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dirty Bomb has gone into close alpha today, Splash Damage announced. The tester is available to those who are part of the Founder’s Club, which you can still sign up for. Keep checking your inbox for a key. The developer also released a new video showing some gameplay, maps, and its gameplay telemetry and analytics system Echo made by its sister company Fireteam.

1. freedoms_stain

Was that intro well advised after the launch of BRINK?

I think the should have started that bit with “After BRINK Splash Damage found out that…”

Anyhoo, it does look more interesting than the last video I saw. Their damage model is perhaps on the high side (in terms of the amount of damage you have to deal for a kill). I’ve nothing against higher damage models, but bullet sponge models aren’t the greatest.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Ballisticon

But I’d rather have a slightly more spongy experience than the way COD plays.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DSB

Yeah, bulletsponges are for the birds. If you mess up in an online game, it should cost you.

#3 1 year ago
  4. freedoms_stain

@2, yeah, maybe, but we’re talking extremes of the spectrum here.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Maximum Payne

I think BC2 is very balanced in terms of sponginess. You can kill enemy relatively quickly but if you noob there is no way that would kill somebody fast

#5 1 year ago
  6. datass

Low fov makes me cringe…also noticed it in Crysis 3 vidya…

#6 1 year ago
  7. LuLshuck

Fuck sake again splash damage make something look good but i bet its shit like everything else they touch

#7 1 year ago
  8. freedoms_stain

@5, I agree with you, although plenty wouldn’t.

#8 1 year ago