Wii U Virtual Console 30 Cents for 30 Days schedule released by Nintendo

Saturday, 26th January 2013 18:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo has released the schedule for its Virtual Console 30 Cents for 30 Days promotion.

As we reported earlier in the week, every month between now and July, Nintendo will release a classic title which will be made available for 30 days for only 30 cents.

The first game on the docket, Balloon Fight, was released this week.

The full schedule is below, courtesy of Nintendo Life.

• January – Balloon Fight (NES) – available now until February 21
  • February – F-Zero (SNES) – February 20 – March 21
  • March – Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES) – March 20 – April 18
  • April – Kirby’s Adventure (NES) – April 17 – May 16
  • May – Super Metroid (SNES) – May 15 – June 13
  • June – Yoshi / Mario & Yoshi (NES) – June 12 – July 11
  • July – Donkey Kong (NES) – From July 15 – August 13

1. OlderGamer

I have Ballon Fight already, stupid game. But for 30cents it was worth it, we have already passed the gamepad around more then we would like to admit trying to better our scores.

#1 1 year ago
  2. jldoom

Wow 30 cents for these classic games? That’s a pretty damn good deal. If I had a Wii I’d honestly buy all of these lol.

#2 1 year ago
  3. polygem

gotta catch ‘em all

#3 1 year ago
  4. OnionPowder

In Japan instead of getting Punch Out!! they’re getting Mother 2 (Earthbound). Extremely jealous.

#4 1 year ago
  5. DeVitowned

Yes, for 30 cents, it’s foolish to pass on these games, though I was prepared to pay full for a few of these titles already. Going to snatch ‘em all, but what I am really waiting for is the Final Fantasy’s and Chrono Trigger.

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

:( that’s annoying to say the least… Maybe we need to kill more Whales and well get Mother 2 in the UK..?

I’m doing my bit, I’ve just eaten some Tuna Mayo that WASN’T dolphin friendly…

What’s our high score OG, gonna give it a go later! :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. Showmeyomoves!

So glad I didn’t get F-Zero and Super Metroid on the Wii before! I already have both for my Super Famicom, but I’m not going to pass them up for that price.

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

Check out forum thread if you want to take part in the score attack! :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. Digital Bamboo

Super Metroid for 30 cents? Are they sure about that one?

#9 1 year ago