Let’s Fish! Hooked On release date confirmed, new trailer launched

Monday, 21st January 2013 14:42 GMT By Nick Akerman

Wired Productions has announced the release date for Let’s Fish! Hooked On. Players can get their rod out on PS Vita from January 30.

Sean Walsh, Product Manager at the company, revealed the date in a recent post over on the EU PS Blog.

“Combining realistic fishing action with fast arcade style game play using the PS Vita touchscreen, Let’s Fish! Hooked On comes with a full story mode and aims to make fishing fun for everyone,” he wrote.

“Choosing between four different anime-styled characters, each with their own story line and unique abilities, players are challenged to improve their skills by competing in a host of progressively difficult tournaments in their bid to win the World Tour.”

The game is being developed by Sims, the team behind Sega Bass Fishing and Ape Escape’s PSP adventure. Four game modes are on offer, all of which aim to utilise Vita’s features in a unique way. Online rankings and Trophies are also included.

Here’s a trailer to boost your excitement:

Players can pick this up for £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95 upon release.

1. tmac2011

i thought fishing games were dead since they invented the outdoors and all and that thing called a lake

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthazus

Some fantastic AAA exclsuive game Vita has. Woooow!

I hope Sony will bring more this to the next gen and this E3. I hope for a sequel where you can catch giant enemy crab with real-time weapon change .

#2 1 year ago
  3. monkeygourmet

Why did I sell my Vita, Whhhhhhy?!

I need this in my life! ;)

#3 1 year ago
  4. monkeygourmet

lol :)

#4 1 year ago
  5. Nick Akerman

Haha, you guys.

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Only joking, im sure this will sell a great deal in Japan.

After all, it combines their 2 greatest loves:

Masturbating over cartoons & killing rare animals :D

…….Joke!………

#6 1 year ago
  7. Cobra951

I’m sure the anime chick with the double-Ds has nothing to do with the marketing of this game. Nothing at all.

#7 1 year ago
  8. absolutezero

Its actually being sold off the back of the loli.

Which is fine by me. I will be buying loli fishing.

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

Someone make a ‘tackle’ or ‘rod’ joke fer christs sake! :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. Ireland Michael

@7, @8 And Japan still wonders wht nobody wants to buy their games.

#10 1 year ago
  11. absolutezero

I want to buy their games.

Its a PSVita fishing game for fuck sake. I’m sure it would be far more popular if it had a serious aesthetic, the PSVita fishing game. On the Vita, with fishing. Like Fishing Resort on the Wii that was a smash hit was’nt it.

#11 1 year ago