Ni No Kuni Wizard’s Edition looks pretty special

Thursday, 17th January 2013 04:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is just a few days away, so now is the time to upgrade your pre-order to the snazzy Wizard’s Edition if you’re going to do it. To help you make up your mind either way, here’s a Namco Bandai video unboxing the contents – gorgeous packaging, plushie, art book and more.

Ni No Kuni arrives on PlayStation 3 in the US on January 22 and has been delayed by one week to hit Europe on February 1. It’s a collaboration between Level-5 and Studio Ghibli and seems almost unfairly beautiful. Level-5 hope it’s a return to the good old days of JRPGs.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Ignatius_Cheese

Brenna, can you please check with Bandai Namco as to the contents of the European Wizard’s Edition as there is some suggestion that this does not include the soundtrack CD…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Beta

Yes, does the European version include everything? I’ve had it pre ordered for some time but I’m not paying for an inferior version.

#2 1 year ago
  3. nikk900

Still not sure if I should get this game yet. I mostly just borrow games as I work in a game shop, but I can only borrow pre-owned and these kind of games never seem to get traded in as much.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Galathor

I would appreciate this as well, Brenna. There’s gonna start discussion about Europeans gettin’ less for the same money. Please ask Namco for confirmation.

#4 1 year ago
  5. DrDamn

No mention of soundtrack CD here … http://www.shopto.net/ps3/PS3NI09-ni-no-kuni-the-wizards-edition

#5 1 year ago
  6. orakaa

I’ve looked at the different retailers available in France (Amazon, Micromania, etc.) and unfortunately, despite keeping the name “wizard’s collector edition”, there are NO mention at all of
    - the CD soundtrack,
    - the golden coin
    - and the 5 artworks (damn, for once that this kind of artworks were really interesting me)

It needs to be confirmed, as this content might have been added after they sent promotional pictures for Europe… but if it is not the case, then the Wizard’s collector edition in Europe will be much poorer than the US one. I’ll still take it, but it’d be too bad to miss those extra goodies.

#6 1 year ago
  7. orakaa

Went directly on the Youtube video channel and the Facebook page to look at the comments and it seems to be confirmed : no CD, no coin, no artwork cards for the European release. We’ll still have the 340 page book, the golden companions DLC and the plush… I’d have gladly traded the plush against the artworks and the coin, though…

Oh well, too bad. Will still buy the EU collector’s edition

#7 1 year ago
  8. Beta

So the EU get’s the short end of the stick once again. Thankfully my Amazon uk preorder only cost £54.99 so I’ve paid less than on most other sites.

Really wanted those art cards and the coin though.. quite annoyed about this :p

#8 1 year ago
  9. orakaa

£54.99 ? Now I’m quite interested. I’ll go check out the Amazon UK store (I haven’t pre-ordered yet but in France the price is EUR 90 everywhere, Amazon FR included).

Edit: Yay, I’ve seen that. Well too bad. Guess I’ll have to stick with the EUR 90 version, with less content :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. Beta

Sold out on Amazon UK sorry dude, got mine months ago and I just checked the price on my orders list.

#10 1 year ago