God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta hits PS Plus later this afternoon

Tuesday, 8th January 2013 18:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta will release on Plus later this afternoon.

The beta includes the following per the PS Blog:

• God Allegiances: Zeus and Ares (2 of 4)
  • Modes: 8-player – Team Favor of the Gods or Capture The Flag, 4-player – Free For All
  • Favor of the Gods (Deathmatch)
  • Maps: Desert of Lost Souls (large map) & Forum of Hercules (arena)
  • Vast amount of weapons, armors, magic, relics, and God items to customize and earn
  • Ascend to Level 30
  • VoIP – bust out those headphones and mics, team strategies are crucial (especially in CTF)

Things not in the beta that will be in the final game  come its March 12 release:

• God Allegiances Hades and Poseidon
  • Third In-Game Weapon Class – To Be Announced Soon
  • More Large and Small maps created from signature God of War locations
  • Ability to customize your Warrior as you unlock all the weapons, magics, armors, relics, and God items from the four allegiances
  • Team Up With Friends
  • An unannounced fourth multiplayer mode

Have a look at the developer video below.

1. loveaya

I tried it once after the beta began later December, 1 hour of the play just made me lol

2. YoungZer0

Where is the info for the singleplayer? The game is going to come out soon, isn’t it?

3. Eddie Rodrigues

@2 Well it’s just the basics: Kratos killing his family, playing as his brother, jolly co-op, fun stuff! Except that the graphics are mostly superb this time.

4. lexph3re

I really don’t care about this franchise anymore. I might buy ascension but that depends on the multiplayer if it re invigorates this franchise. Because I have had my fill of it

5. YoungZer0

@3: Thanks, didn’t even know about his brother.

@4: I said it once and i say it again, NORSE MYTHOLOGY!

6. themadjock

Must be US only until tomorrow’s uk update

7. stevenhiggster

@1 I kinda liked it, for a little while. It gets really old really fast, it’s just button mashing with big bald angry dudes. Requires zero skill just pure button mashing luck.

I can also see it becoming very unbalanced and off putting to new players as the weapons, armour and abilities you unlock can make you very overpowered compared to a new player. Which will likely put most new players off straight away.