Steam November hardware survey results released

Thursday, 13th December 2012 16:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those who like keeping up with tech and how other users are making the most of it, can have a look at the latest Steam Hardware survey results for November below.

The results below list the most popular OS, CPU speeds, display resolution, RAM and more.

It also lists the percentage of use, through users polled, as it’s a voluntary survey and not a full look at every system using Steam.

• OS Version Windows 7 64 bit – 58.58%
  • System RAM 4 GB – 23.43%
  • Intel CPU Speeds 2.3 Ghz to 2.69 Ghz – 21.17%
  • Physical CPUs 2 cpus – 47.34%
  • Video Card Description Intel HD Graphics 3000 – 3.94%
  • VRAM 1024 MB – 34.03%
  • Primary Display Resolution 1920 x 1080 – 29.47%
  • Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution 3840 x 1080 – 18.60%
  • Microphones Yes – 72.95%
  • Language English – 54.74%
  • Free Hard Drive Space 100 GB to 249 GB – 26.10%
  • Total Hard Drive Space 250 GB to 499 GB – 34.23%
  • Network Speed Unspecified – 28.95%
  • Other Settings FCMOV – 100.00%

Full results can be found here.

1. Erthazus

Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution 3840 x 1080 – 18.60% – 18%?

Holy damn, that is a lot. I thought it will be 5% at max.

—-

PC: 32.06% are DX10, 53.14% are DX11

Consoles: Direct X9 Only.

Teh current gen. Lawl.

#1 1 year ago
  2. manamana

I want the steam box with HL3 and I want it now!

#2 1 year ago
  3. mad1723

@1 The stats for multi-display applies only to computers that have multi-display. Basically, it calculates the most popular resolution of those who have a multimonitor environment. In this case, the stats align with what we expect, with 3x1080p being used the most :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Erthazus

@3, I know, but I never thought that there will be a lot of people who prefer playing with multiple displays.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Maximum Payne

VRAM 1024 MB – 34.03%

I think that’s low number

Also : Physical CPUs 2 cpus – 47.34% DAFAQ who use 2 cpu’s ?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Strawb

#4: I’m not sure people play with that resolution, I just think Steam can tell that two monitors are plugged in. I have two monitors as well, but playing a game using both of them would put my PoV in the space between them. Not very optimal. :P

#5: A dual-core processor has two physical cores.

#6 1 year ago