Humble THQ Bundle surpasses $2 million in just 16 hours

Friday, 30th November 2012 16:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Humble THQ Bundle has already surpassed $2 million in sales, and according to a representative of the charity bundle site, contributors needn’t be worried the service is shying away from indie titles.

Speaking with RPS, a representative for Humble Bundle said the firm is pleased with the community’s reaction to the bundle.

“When THQ expressed interest in our pay what you want plus charity model and willingness to let us bundle so many top tier titles, we couldn’t believe it at first,” the rep said. “But trying to turn up our noses at this epic chance to make gamers happy and help worthy causes like Child’s Play and the American Red Cross could only have been defined as arrogance. We had to try and we were extremely curious to see what would happen.”

“So far, it’s been pretty well received: we’re on record pace both in total sales and number of purchases. It looks like we’ve passed the two million dollar mark in just 16 hours. We are hopeful that this excitement is growing our community in a way that can only help our future promotions, and rest assured that indie bundles will continue to be an important part of our business.”

The bundle includes: Darksiders, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, and Saints Row: The Third – should you pay over the average price.

As of this post, 401,546 bundles have been sold to the tune of $2,284,337.46 at an averages price of $5.69.

Naughty Dog co-founder and THQ president Jason Rubin is listed as the top contributor with $1,050.00, and Turtle Rock Studios is the second largest with $1,024.00.

1. ballz

would be nice to see some felow publishers donate 5-10k and pop in the contributors there but ofc they are too cheap

#1 1 year ago
  2. Mike W

Good for them, someone should send this to that asshole over at T2.

Anyway Steph check this article out: http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-ballmers-nightmare-is-coming-true-2012-11

It’s really an interesting read, but it got me nervous as all hell. I didn’t realize Apple was putting that much pressure on MS. I knew the surface was going to be a failure, when they price the damn thing the same price as the Ipad. But I thought the Xbox was going to carry them through hard times seeing how successful it has been.
    Now I’m for certain that the next Xbox is not going to be as great as I originally thought.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 I am not buying a Surface, and the only Apple product I own is my 3rd Gen 30GB iPod, and since it still works just fine, I see no reason to upgrade despite how snazzy the iPod Touch is – esp when I can get an iPad 2 for the price of what the 64 GB would run me.

MS better “bring it” with the next-Xbox is all I have to say because at this point, I don’t see myself getting their next console unless I have no other option.

I have no desire to upgrade to W8, I have no desire for a Windows phone, and I have used Open Office for years instead of MS Office.

The best MS Office product in years was Office 2000 imo, and I know many offices which have stayed with the package as long as possible.

#3 1 year ago
  4. deathm00n

@3 I have upgraded to Windows 8, and from what I see it has some good potential, but people aren’t conviced yet, same happened to 7. Give some time and you will see yourself with one. I’m a big supporter of MS in the computer businness (xbox not, I’ll stick with my PS3 thanks) and simply don’t see all the fuss about apple products, I’ll stick with MS to the end

#4 1 year ago
  5. Mike W

I wanted to jump into the tablet market but was on the fence. I thought MS had something with the surface, but when they announced the price, I was like what the fuck? What the hell were they thinking? I always wanted one for myself, but realize my girlfriend has an Ipad so I always have access to one. So until then, Apple and MS hasn’t convinced why I need two tablets in my household.

As for the Xbox, that was my console of choice when it first came out. But over the years they pulled a Nintendo on me and they stop making the games I wanted to play. Instead they remind me every second they get how many Xbox 360s they sold. Which is good to the enthusiast that enjoy that kind of thing, but I can’t play numbers.

As for the games, believe it or not exclusives separate these consoles manufacturers apart from one another. I have nothing against the Halo fans, but me personally I can’t stand the series anymore, Fable is one the most overrated series in the gaming industry, Forza sucks and Gears of War is the only reason I turn on my 360. I agree with Steph on this one. Xbox has to convince me why I should purchase the next Xbox 360 and I think the market is starting to see that now. For example, Halo 4 sales were lower than it’s predecessors and MS tried to pull shit-covered curtains over the public eyes by saying the game made some ridiculous amount money in 24 hours.

I can rant all day, but it’s going to be interesting to see what they bring to the table, but as of now there’s no reason to rush out and buy the next MS game console.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@4 I just upgraded to W7 late last year. Or was it earlier this year? I can’t remember, but it wasn’t too long ago. And I kicked and screamed the entire time *wink*.

Honestly, the only reason I upgraded was because I bought a new graphics card and processor and wanted to be able to run DX11.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Keivz

Most off-topic thread ever.

#7 1 year ago