Mists of Pandaria patch 5.1 notes out, expansion is 50% off until November 29

Tuesday, 27th November 2012 15:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mists of Pandaria update 5.1 will be released today, bringing with it new dailies, a Brawler’s Guild, the ability to earn commissions, along with the addition of Battle-Stones for your pet battles and some UI changes. You can have a look at the patch notes over on Battle.net. Meanwhile, if you have yet to upgrade your game with the latest expansion, Blizzard has it on sale from now until Thursday, November 29 for 50% off.

1. Ireland Michael

Actually, it’s launching today. Servers went down a few hours ago in order to update.

2. Sini

flopping hard, don’t think blizzard ever discounted their most recent expansion so fast before.

3. dizzygear

Its 40% off in Europe and no discounts on previous expansions.

Take your territory discrimination and shove up your ass activision.

4. Ireland Michael

@2 Subscriptions are up since Pandaria’s release.

@3 Activision has nothing to do with the running of Blizzard.

5. Erthazus

This patch brings nothing new but stupid game modes that will make your wallet empty and some decent class fixes that should be like from the start.

Also, all of the raids just sucks ass. Heart of fear is decent at least in mechanics. Just started doing Heroic mode.

Mogu’shan vaults in HC was a casual mode and the latest Terrace of endless spring is just a boring piece of turd with the latest boss that requires you to fight 18 minutes doing the same phase all over again.

Blizzard just dropped all of the best WoW devs and just focused on TITAN which is lame. Mists Of Pandaria currently the worst addon in WoW.

@4, It sure has a lot to do with Blizzard. A LOT. Since Starcraft II.

6. Stephany Nunneley

Thanks Michael. I updated it.

7. Ireland Michael

@5 If you hate it that much then… Don’t pay?

Man, I’m suddenly starting to understand now GIGZ feel when it comes to Call of Duty. Hahahaha!

8. Erthazus

@7, I don’t hate the game. I love it, but I don’t like this addon.
    there is a difference.

Mists Of Pandaria is really The weakest addon compared to Lich King or Burning Crusade in my opinion. All of the best devs are making Titan right now.

9. Ireland Michael

@6 <3

@8 Personally I think it's the best world content they've done since Wrath, and the beat dungeon content since BC.

That easy, huh? So you're telling me you've cleared all the raids on heroic mode? Because they only got the worlds first 25 kill on Sha of Fear a couple of days ago…

10. OlderGamer

The only reason that subs are up Mike is because of the year long Diablo III annual pass promo. Simply put, people that have stoped playing still count as an active sub. So the people that bought the expac to return for a few months have given subs a slight boost. Wait till the annual DiabloIII subs time out. As far as Panda expac sales, all I know is that it was far less then expected, less then Cati, but I don’t know the exact numbers.

Also should be noted that the recent reductions on game price is prolly also helping to prop up subs. Over the course of this past year the game and its expacs have been on sale numerious times, including this most recent sale. I think when you can score the game and most of its expacs for less then 20usd(as was the case a few months bac), that certianly helps subs too.

I think the game is artificialy proped up right now(maybe due to talks of sale of Acti-Bliz). When the game and its subs return to normal numbers, I am betting it falls and falls fast. If I were Act-Bliz, I think next year I would give away the game(upto Panda), and promote sub bundles. Meaning that you get the game for free if you sub for 6months/year type of thing.

I have one of those annual pass subs, so does my entire group, 2 kids, wife, brother in law, his wife, and three friends. None of us play. We loged in after the Panda up date and found the new mechanics to be aweful(new way they laid out the skills and how they worked). So we didn’t bother picking up panda.

11. Erthazus

@Ireland,
    I finished only 16/16 Normal. Mogu’Shan is 6/6 HC and I just started doing Heart Of Fear HC.

You know why TOP guilds like Paragon, Exorsus tried the last boss like for 3-4 days? BECAUSE IT IS BORING AS HELL and LONG. Even on Normal difficulty fight is somewhere between 15-18 minutes by doing the same phase all over again.

Dungeons in MOP are weak as hell but beautiful. Content is lacking. Daily quests in this addon are just crazy as hell, without them you won’t have any progress at all. If you want to have progress you need to make them for small coins. Thank god that I finished them all… woop di doop 5.1 will bring ANOTHER faction with daily quests!

Mists Of Pandaria don’t have that previous WoW magic. IMO

12. Ireland Michael

@10 Subs are up because people enjoy Pandaria. It’s some of the best content they’ve ever come out with. Even I swore off the Cataclysm.

@11 Dailies are not even close to mandatory. They’re an alternate route to progression.

13. Erthazus

@12, They are not alternative. If you want to build your character you must do them + they have Mounts, coins and etc.

Mists Of Pandaria stuff have a lot of “Must” chores if you want to be something in the game.
    5.1 brings another of that stupid stuff but there’s actually more.

Brawler’s Guild that will make your wallet empty if you like achievements for example.

14. Ireland Michael

@13 Uh, no you don’t. You can get better gear from other places, and the boost they provide is negligible. You do *not* need dailies gear to progress. If you do, that’s a fault of your own lack of skill.

The whole point of this update is just for small, fun stuff. Blizzard intends to release smaller content patches more often in this cycle, keeping the stream of content going. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next raid tier hits by January.

I’ll never understand why people would continue to play something if they dislike the supposed “chores” they’ve been “forced” to do so much. Are you a sado-masochist or something?

15. Erthazus

“You can get better gear from other places”

ONLY RAIDS. But without gear who will let you go with the good raid guilds? No one.

“the boost they provide is negligible. ”

bullshit. Show me your progress to say such stupid things. If you have two specs for the raid. For example second tank that requires (main spec) Tank gear and DPS gear (Off Spec) you MUST do them to make yourself a DPS gear by using valor points and dailies is the only way to do it.

16. Ireland Michael

@15 You can earn valor points from Heroics.

17. Erthazus

@16, Yes. these points are not the problem.

But to buy things you must have REPUTATION with the fractions. Woop Di Doop.