Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan, the latest MMO expansion from developer Turbine may be out now, but it is still missing much of its content. The studio has confirmed that several instance clusters will be delayed into February 2013. Get the details below.
Over on the game’s official forum, Turbine community manager Rick Heaton explained to fans what content is being specifically delayed, and stressed that the time will be used to add extra polish to the content.
Heaton said, “Because of the delay in shipping Rohan, development time for the year was obviously reduced. This left us two options; either delay the entire instance cluster until 2013, or release those instances we felt could be completed with the highest degree of polish in December and delay the others until they are ready (currently expected to be February).
“We’ve chosen to honor our commitment as best we can with the limited time remaining in 2012 while still insuring the highest quality possible.”
The first batch of outstanding content will release alongside the game’s ‘Against the Shadow’ update due in December, and will include a handful of instances:
- Iorbar’s Peak (Misty Mountains / Stone Giants-3-man)
- Webs of the Scuttledells (Mirkwood 3-man)
- Seat of the Great Goblin (Goblintown 3-man)
While the remaining instances should land in February next year:
- The Bells of Dale (6-man)
- Flight to the Lonely Mountain (12-man; single boss)
- The Fires of Smaug (12-man; single boss)
- The Battle for Erebor (12-man; single boss)