“Mirror’s Edge 2 is in production at DICE”, claims Swedish dev

Wednesday, 21st November 2012 13:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Mirror’s Edge 2 has been rumoured for a rather long time across the industry, but developer DICE has yet to confirm or deny the game’s existence. However, a Swedish developer at ngmoco and ex-EA employee has come out and said that the game is indeed in development. Get the quotes below.

PCGamesN reports that manager of ngmoco Sweden Ben Cousins – who was previously general manager of EA’s Easy Studio – stated on Twitter:

It comes after EA Games vice-president Patrick Soderlund stated that DICE doesn’t want to be a ‘Battlefield factory’, and stated that the studio is currently working on non-Battlefield titles.

So there you have it: Mirror’s Edge 2 is common knowledge apparently. What do you make of that? Let us know below.

1. daytripper

2. JackTheFaux

I can only hope that this is true.

3. Beta

News to me. Replayed the first one the other day, still love it. Don’t let me down DICE :)

4. freedoms_stain

I just fear that it’ll be a garbage standard shooty FPS shite.

5. Dave Cook

@4 if they have any sense at all it won’t be.

6. Beta

@4 Whatever happened to optimism? :)

7. Da Man

This game has an independent female lead fighting the system. It must be released.

Don’t ruin my escapism with shooty shooty military aliens bs.

8. Dave Cook

@7 prepare for the Zombie horde mode DLC.

9. Da Man

No multiplayer with t-bagging – no buy.

10. Gadzooks!

Loved the first one, right up until people started shooting at me, which completely ruined it.

Give me a gun-free game and I’m in, otherwise no thanks.

11. Gama_888

Excellentay!!!!

@10 I loved every bit of it, even when there were hoards of mofo’s shooting at me, and i got the trophy for never using a gun in the game ;)

12. SplatteredHouse

I suspect there is not a sufficient epic gif to be found to present my reaction to this news!

13. freedoms_stain

@6, Battlefield 3 killed it, at least in relation to Dice.

14. zinc

^^^ Me too ;-)

Though when I played through again using weapons, the game was a piece of piss :-/

15. CycloneFox

I wonder who ever doubted that.
    I think the second one was implicitely announced when the first one released.

16. Razor

They keep saying this and it never happens.

Hoping regardless, though.

17. Edo

OMG YESSSSSSSsssssort of want.

18. Gheritt White

Thought this was common knowledge… been in dev for +/- a year now…

19. TD_Monstrous69

Hope that it’s made official soon with an announcement. Loved the first, and have eagerly awaited a sequel for years.

20. Clupula

Really liked what I got a chance to play of the first one. It gave me motion sickness, so I couldn’t play it for more than a few 15-20 minute sessions before realizing it just wasn’t going to happen.

21. Maximum Payne

@19 Probably at VGA 2012 which is in December

22. Hunam

For anyone worrying about the game, wasn’t the single biggest complaint in ME1 that it had gun fights in it at all?

23. Maximum Payne

@22 Well the game wasn’t very long ,it was very linear and based on trial and error,nothing to do after you finished campaign
    Still great game thought and very adrenalin rush some times :D

24. Neuromancer

From DICE dev:

25. MadFlavour

yesss.

Please Dice, NO GUNS.

NO GUNS
    NO GUNS
    NO GUNS
    NO GUNS
    NO GUNS

Also:

NO GUNS

26. death_489

Many people said that but when i played it i didn’t felt that way , i actually got excited every time i jump high places xD , i waaaaaannnnnnnttttttt a seeeequel right noooooooooowwwww !!!!!!!!! it’s really annoying seeing a game like mirror edge isn’t supported , i hate you guys :( , you buy normal games like cod but never care about a special game like mirror edge , i really cant see someone not like it , people just don’t know about it even in this moment , just yesterday i mentioned it to a friend who play since 2008 , he never heard of it , i almost bunched him >.< ..

27. Clupula

@26 – It’s been rarer this gen than it was last gen for me to get motion sickness with games. With the PS2, I pretty much skipped first person shooters altogether because of how they’d make me feel.

Then my now-ex got me a PS3 and she was trying out the demo for Jericho, and I noticed I wasn’t getting nauseous watching her play. I am not sure if it’s the difference in framerates or if it’s just games that don’t do the whole simulated reality cam thing, I don’t know. It’s rarer, but it still happens with me on some games. This, the demo for that Kane & Lynch sequel, and both the Infamous games and Resident Evil 6 until I slowed down the camera speed on them.