StarCraft 2’s clan support has been detailed to mark its addition in this week’s Heart of the Swarm beta update.
All testers will be able to create and join clans, according to a developer update.
Whether you hook up or start your own crew, you’ll then be granted access to a special clan pane with private chat, a news tab, an info tab, and a roster.Clan leaders will be able to promote and demote players from the rank of officer, which comes with various admin privileges.
Clans are identitied by a name and a tag. All members will have the tag added as a prefix to their character name. Here are the rules regarding clans:
- Clan names must be 3-24 characters long, and will be case sensitive, allowing spaces, numbers, periods, apostrophes and commas.
- Clan Tags must be 2-4 characters long, and are also case sensitive, allowing spaces, numbers, periods, apostrophes and commas.
- Clan names and Tags must adhere to standard name policies.
- The Clan Tag is automatically pre-pended to a player’s name.
- There is a limit of 50 members per Clan.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.