Need For Speed: Most Wanted: gameplay video, all scores

Tuesday, 30th October 2012 14:32 GMT By Dave Cook

Need For Speed: Most Wanted is out this week on PS3, Xbox 360 and PS Vita. Watch VG247′s Dave Cook take it for a spin and see Criterion’s Matt Webster introduce the game’s opening.

The game takes place in the city of Fairhurst and tasks you with becoming one of the ten most wanted racers in the region. Watch Dave play the first ten minutes and talk about it below.

Here is Sam Clay’s footage of Criterion’s Matt Webster introducing Need For Speed: Most Wanted’s opening moments.

The game has been reviewing well, and you can check out our full score round-up here:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted reviews begin, get the scores here.

Are you looking forward to buying the game? Share your thoughts below.

1. Maximum Payne

Little bit frame drop or its just me ?

2. KrazyKraut

thx for the video. better than any video review!

3. Dave Cook

@1 it may be the video. YouTube’s service is being funny thanks to the hurricane in the States. I found it looked horrible earlier. I dont recall any glaring frame rate issues :)

4. Khelcius

Hi, just joined so i could ask you this question Dave (as i haven’t read it anywhere else). Do the cars handle like Burnout or like NFS Hot pursuit? Its something you just can’t tell from video.

5. Patrick Garratt

@1 I think Google’s having a tough time with Sandy. YouTube’s struggling a bit today.

6. Dave Cook

@4 they handled more like NFS Hot Pursuit cars. Not entirely arcade-like. I prefer Burnout’s controls tbh.

7. Khelcius

@6 Damn…. That was probably the only thing that could’ve turned me off :( On the other hand thanks for the quick reply its awesome i could get this feedback.

8. Dave Cook

@7 I’d still play it though, it’s not worse for the experience, just takes a slight readjustment :)

9. Ireland Michael

Burnout Paradise is a brilliant game, and one I’ve put a tonne of time into simply because of its engaging multiplayer mode, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned from playing it for so many years it’s that it’s handling is almost completely redundant. The cars are way too loose, and their resistance to poor driving removes a tonne of skills from the experience.

Compared to the competition, in that respect it’s a complete dud. The other games at least require some decent degree of control over your car to succeed.

10. Khelcius

@8 I’m still umming and erring about it. just not sure as hot pursuit bored me quite quickly whereas Paradise i kept playing for over a year. Has there been any further info on the possibility of a cross buy promotion? it was rumored at E3 if i remember correctly.

11. Edo

I missed the name of the city you’re driving through,is it Ghostville by any chance? :) .

12. Edo

13. datass

Don’t bother with the PC version, i pirated it just to try handling and performance and i’m dissapointed with both. Steering is impossible with keyboard due to high ammount of lag aka sticky keys as i like to call them. Optimization is awful, like there’s huge fps drop when start driving and it goes away when you go high speeds, rince and repeat. Also i noticed audio lag and cracking noises. Just play Burnout Paradise instead…

14. Maximum Payne

@13 Also frame rate is locked at @30 frames.
    Which is add considering Hot Pursuit and Burnout:Paradise were fine ports.

15. SlayerGT

@13 wait you make your game buying decisions based on pirated games!? :D

16. pkirk618

The game is nice looking but at the expense of “some” stuttering, not in a 5 fps way but a noticeable 60 to 35-40 fps way. It is intolerable because you want to love the game–after all we’re all fans of the NFS genre but the dipping in frame-rates really does take away from the experience.

“Tunnels” for example will be your first noticeable WTF moment and then, coming off less intense scenery to city limits will also exacerbate the issue. Some of you are very forgiving (dips in frame-rates) and perhaps for a wide variety of reasons. Actually, I envy those who can overlook the problem.

I guess my criticism stems from the amount of meticulous time I’ve put into my system and its gaming potential. And frankly, I’m able to measure its flaws because we’ve been blessed with other comparable games in past years. That said, the bar was set back then and it’s quite hard for me to look the other way when it happens to a 50 dollar game today. I’d rather the game be locked in at 30 fps (up and down) than noticing the dips in game-play.

I remember noticing NFS World having similar issues but possibly for different reasons. If you played this game in its infancy only to come back today, it’s like night and day. It’s way smoother.

Anyway, I can only hope the same happens here.

#16 1 year ago