Ubisoft and Sony have outlined what extras are in store for PlayStation fans who pick up Assassin’s Creed 3 and Vita spin-off Liberation.
For starters, there’s the Benedict Arnold content, which is estimated to be around four hours of story missions available as free day-one DLC for the PlayStation 3 version; the additional content was detailed and trailered earlier in the month.
The PS Blog notes that you’ll need to progress through the game somewhat in order to access the exclusive content, and in order to actually install it, press the triangle face button in the Additional Content section of the Extras game menu, then redeem the bundled code.
For those who pick up both Assassin’s Creed 3 and Liberation, there are a number of goodies waiting:
- An exclusive PS3 wallpaper
- Aveline can use Connor’s trademark Tomahawk
- Special multiplayer character to give you an edge on PS Vita
- Instant upgrade to Aveline’s ammunition pouches
- An entire mission playable as Connor
The Cross Connectivity content can be unlocked by following the steps below:
- Turn on both systems.
- Start the game.
- In the Main Menu, navigate to Extras
- Select “Connect to PS3 system.”
- Wait for the consoles to communicate.
- You will be notified that your content is available to use.
Assassin’s Creed 3 arrives on PlayStation 3 on October 30 in the US and October 31 elsewhere; Liberation hits Vita on the same day. The Xbox 360 version is due at the same time, but the PC and Wii U versions release in November.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.