New PlayStation Store launch delayed in the US

Saturday, 20th October 2012 13:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The launch of the new PlayStation Store in the US has been postponed, Sony announced overnight.

Originally scheduled to go live next week, the launch of the new store in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil will now miss its on October 23 launch.

“We want to be certain that you have an exceptional experience with the new store, so we appreciate your patience as we complete the final phases before launch, Sony’s VP Eric Lempel said on the US PS Blog.

“We’ll update you as soon as a new release date has been set. Until then, the existing PS Store will be fully operational with the game, movie and TV content that you enjoy today.”

The new store launched earlier this week in Australia, New Zealand and several countries in Europe.

It went live in Saudi Arabia, Russia and the Ukraine this morning.

Teething issues related to the global roll-out caused the store’s launch in the UK and some European countries to be postponed. Sony told VG247 it was working to make sure the issues were addressed and resolved.

1. a7md1990

Yes, finally!.

2. Mike W

Finally it’s getting delayed? I’m confused lol?

3. CyberMarco

Still it isn’t updated here in Italy.

4. OlderGamer

Being that services are going to be such a big deal next gen, this could be one example of why I don’t think Sony can compete with MS in that arena. MS is a software service based company. That is why LIVE is so good.

Here is Sony fumbling something they shouldn’t have. Sony has a lot to prove. Launching a slick new store and doing it smoothly could have helped their image. But, they didn do that.

5. a7md1990

@2, Finally it went live in Saudi Arabia. I hope you’re not confused anymore.

6. Clupula

It’s best they delay it until the bugs are worked out. Nobody remembers delays except those with an agenda but everybody remembers when things just don’t work.

Personally, I would have waited for a new store rollout until the PS4 because I think the current one is fine as it is, but the big three seem to be making a lot of weird mistakes lately.

7. Mike W

Thanks bro, just wondering. And now that you have it bro. Can we have your honest opinion how it is?

I couldn’t say it better myself, but you know these so-called fans of the game industry would’ve pick Sony apart if the damn store would of came out on time and function properly. Next generation is going to be interesting. Can Sony reclaim it’s crown in North America as market share leader? Will Microsoft continue to keep it’s momentum and maintain it’s crown in North America and keep Sony and Nintendo at bay? Will Nintendo be able to win back the hardcore market and third party support?

We saw this generation that anything can go. Nobody in the right mind thought the Wii was going to take off like it did, seeing the poor performance Nintendo display with the gamecube. And who would’ve thought the Xbox would’ve dethrone the almighty PS brand. So it’s definitely going to be interesting one.

It’s not really going to matter to me, because I’m going to purchase PS4 and Xbox 720 (I already paid for the Wii U) so this all very excited to me. But I really think cloud gaming is going to be the next big thing. So it will be interesting to see how the big 3 adapt to that new feature.

8. OlderGamer

Mike your going to have to lay it out for me in plan english. It took me forever to figure out the meanings of stuff like FTW, TL:DR, and stuff like that. I get the idea your making fun of me for being a “dude bro”, I get that you don’t like what I am saying lol. But the thing with saying bro twice, sorry not making the conection.

Other then that, I have to agree with the other stuff, esp the cloud stuff.

9. Mike W

I’m confused with your last comment, but I have no problems with your comments. Some I agree with, some I don’t. Please excuse my grammatical errors from my previous comments. I was typing this all through my iPhone.

10. btcstore100

input this URL:

( h t t p : / / w w w . b 2 c s t o r e . u s / )

you can find many cheap and high stuff

Believe you will love it.

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT